macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student469162
    Re: Regions
    I realized that I can shut down gb without saving changes and do it again, like I described in my previous post ( only cmd j is not here is seen on the video). https://youtu.be/o-PThl-V4W0
  • Joe A
    Those videos don't play, they come up as "Private -- Restricted Access"..
  • Student469162
    Does it is playing now.. ? This is last one - less talk, more to see.. https://youtu.be/o-PThl-V4W0
  • Joe A
    Yes, it plays now, but I can't really tell what you're doing when that error message pops up. Unfortunately, in my experience "Circular Structure" is a warning that usually pops up when a Logic/GB Project has become corrupted. I can't say for sure if your Project is corrupted, and if it is whether it was in response to something you did or just general file corruption.. You could try three things: - Do a hard computer shutdown/restart - Try what you were trying to do [editing Takes] in a new fresh Project with new recordings, and see if it works as expected there - If the problem Project is important to you, you could try creating a new fresh Project from scratch, same Tempo, duplicate all the tracks [same instruments/presets, etc], and then Copy & Paste all the Regions from the potentially corrupted Project into that, and see if things work more reliably there.
  • Student469162
    But in the video 31 he splits the region to compare takes and his take 1 also appears only with last notes. I especially watched this. His take 1 longer than the same take 1 which appears to comparing - only last part of it is seen on the video. Is it normal? Why the whole take 1 isn't seen on comparing? I have the same problem. I have 5 notes on my take 1. If I split the region and put take 1 to compare, only last 2 notes appearing on the comparing and only those two ones I can listen. What "half" comparing is that, when I need to listen all full take 1 with all its 5 notes (in the comparing)? What is that? Where is the sense to record a full take, if compare I can only last two notes... ? Video is included. Also please look at his take 1. There you can see the beginning notes of it are missing in the comparing. https://youtu.be/NGIPZLknb6o
  • Joe A
    As far as I can see in your video when you split the Region and have Take 4 as the first half and Take 1 as the second half you're seeing exactly what's in each section of those two takes, as you'd expect to -- four notes in the first half of Take 4 and two notes in the second half of Take 1. The note displays within the Regions might be at a different zoom level after you cut them but everything appears to be working as it should. You do understand that if you cut a Region and switch Takes you're only going to see the part of each Take that corresponds to the range of bars for the length of the cut Region you're swapping out..?
  • Student469162
    Yes, I understand that a region has its length and only a part of a take may seen there, but the problem is, I just only listen to that part what is seen (last two notes on my take 1), I don't listen to whole take 1. I need to listen in comparing the whole take, not only its two last notes.. If you look at my video again, you see I show you all takes and take 1 has 5 notes there. I only see 2 last notes and I only can hear these 2 last notes while comparing. If I put a take to the comparing, I expect to listen to the whole take as I have recorded it ( 5 notes I have recorded and it calls take 1 ), not only a last part of it ( 2 notes instead of 5 notes). The problem is, I can't listen to my take, I only can listen the end of the take. But I need to listen the whole take, not only a part of it.
  • Joe A
    If you want to audition whole Takes, then.. - Switch between them to audition the full Takes before cutting up the Region[s]. Or - Duplicate the track [select the track and hit Command-D], making a new duplicate track for each Take; - Copy the Region [with the Takes] to the duplicate tracks; - Select a different Take in each duplicate track - Solo each duplicate track to audition each complete Take; - Cut the sections of each Take you want to use; - Make another duplicate track and Copy & Paste [or Option-drag] the desired pieces of the Takes to that new blank track. That last duplicate track would be called the "Comp" [Composite] track.
  • Student469162
    OK, so many things to do.. If I have had done them, is it once and all other future mutliple takes' comparings will be already set up with it or do I need to do all you wrote again with a new multiple take? Each time again? Or is it like the one time settings for all future multiple takes..?
  • Joe A
    In GarageBand you would need to do all those steps again for each multiple Take. Or you could upgrade to Logic where the multiple Takes can automatically be viewed in their entirety in separate Track lanes, and comped simply by swiping/selecting different areas in each Take.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: