macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Niteboater
    RX8 Standard - cant constrain selections to vertical only
    Mostly using RX8 for audio cleanup, we put all audiobook files thru its declick and de-ess and we are fine that. What would be superb would be to also do our audio cleanup on it as well (and cut out the Adobe Audition $20/mo subscription). The only problem with RX8 is - unlike Adobe Audition - you cannot constrain selections - such as the heal tool - to vertical only. This leaves the user to try to manually and quickly draw hundreds of these selections, no good. With Audition, you merely hold down the shift key and, no matter how bad a line draw you do, the cursor will select only going directly up, not horizontally. Too bad! Does anyone happen to know a way around this limitation?
  • Joe A
    Re: RX8 Standard - cant constrain selections to vertical only
    Not being familiar with Adobe Audition, I'm having trouble picturing what you described [the cursor will select only going directly up?] -- that sounds like RX's Frequency Selection tool, which only makes top-to-bottom vertical selections across the file. But I assume you already tried that and all the other selection tools in RX8. Of course there's the Option key to carve out sections of a selection -- maybe that would be helpful? [I'm not clear on exactly what you're trying to select/clean up]..
  • Niteboater
    Ive created a video to show the issue, how does one upload here? I can see the "Attach this Video" button, but there doesn't seem to be a "from computer" option.
  • Joe A
    Hi - I'm sorry, but there's actually no option for you to attach an image or video here -- the forums are just for text-based discussion. I assume you tried the tools/Option function I mentioned and they didn't achieve what you were looking for? The operation of the tools is pretty straightforward -- according to my experimentation (and per the documentation) there seems to be no modifier key that constrains or quantizes the motion when drawing a freestlye selection, which is what it sounds to me like you're looking for. If none of the selector tools do what you're thinking of then that technique may be particular to Adobe. Did iZotope have any suggestions as to how to achieve that kind of selection behavior?
  • Niteboater
    In any case, thanks for trying to assist. It appears this cannot be done. This leaves Adobe Audition, which requires constant payment (which we hate, because we dont use it everyday). Its superior audio cleanup tools - so far - apparently cannot be beat. We only use RX8 standard as for itx excellent de click and de-ess, and we merely put our files through its process, we dont do anything manually with that tool (because you cant shift constrain selections which is a must have in audio cleanup). iZotope do not seem to get this!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: