macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Goyo
    Neutron 3 audiosuite preview
    Hello. I joined this forum because I cannot find the answer to a problem anywhere. I asked iZotope already but haven't heard back yet. I recently bought their post production suite and am using it all the time in Pro Tools for sound editing and mixing. I love RX and Neutron3. My problem is that I have no preview button in the Neutron audiosuite plugins. Could my plugins be misconfigured? installed incorrectly? Am I missing something in the interface? What is the point of an audiosuite plugin that you can't preview before processing? I'm hoping someone here has an idea. Thanks!
  • Joe A
    Re: Neutron 3 audiosuite preview
    Hi Goyo - The Neutron 3 AudioSuite plug-in works normally here, including Preview (see screenshot below).. If that's the only plug-in you can't Preview, then maybe you should re-install.. In general, it can help in troubleshooting to include system information: computer model, OS version, DAW, DAW version, plug-in version, etc..
  • Goyo
    Great! Thanks Joe. I've been going a little crazy. you're right, I should have put up my system info. I'll try to reinstall. Mac cheese grater 12-core 3.33 xeon MACOS 10.13.6 Pro tools 2020.3.0 Neutron 3 advanced 3.1.1.3409
  • Goyo
    So far, I've reinstalled, trashed the pt prefs, and run the usual OS utilities. Still no preview button. reported to isotope. see what they say. maybe I found a bug.
  • Student464282
    Hi Have you found a solution or received an answer from Izotope? I am Having the same prolem with Izotope Neutron, RX De Rustle and RX Music Rebalance. With the other RX Tools the preview works fine. Mac Pro (Late 2013) 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5 OS 10.14.6 Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.5.0 Neutron advanced 3.1.1, RX Advanced 7.01
  • Goyo
    Yes I did get a response. Sorry I forgot to post it. They basically said that it is a known issue and they're investigating. They also said that they "take user feedback very seriously when making decisions for future features and updates" so If you're having this problem, it might be a good idea to write to their support and make sure they know its a serious issue. I asked them several other questions. I'll try to keep this thread updated.
  • Joe A
    Hi Goyo - Thanks for the update. Issues like this (problems that show up with some installations and not others) can sometimes take a while to suss out, but iZotope is usually pretty good about following up on issues so I expect they'll be able to work up a fix.. Student4464283, did you also report the issue and share your system information with iZotope? Knowing about commonalities among multiple setups that experience the problem might help them isolate the cause more quickly (the more info the better)..
  • AaronB
    Did anyone find a solution to this? I happened upon the same issue where I don't have the preview/bypass/vol GUI on any of the Neutron 3 modules or mothership as an AudioSuite instance of the plug. I assume the fix is an update on iZotope's behalf. Also I can't confirm if this had been working in this year's previous version of PT Ult. since Id always used Neutron as an insert in the past. Currently running it as an insert to get a dial then copy->paste settings to the AS version for render (delivering to mixer w.o the plug) macOS Mojave 10.14.6 Mac Pro 5,1 _ 12-core 3.46 Pro Tools Ult. 2020.9.1 Neutron v3.1.1.3409.OSX64.Intel.AAX-AS
  • Joe A
    Hi Aaron - FWIW, I can confirm that on my rig -- Neutron 3.0.0.3342, Pro Tools 2019.6, Mojave 10.14.6 -- the Preview/Bypass/Volume functions in Neutron 3 AudioSuite all work. Both you and the O.P. seem to be on N3 v3.1.1.x, so maybe the bug is specific to that version..? The last installer up on the iZotope website is version 3.1.1a, released in May 2020, and the original post was in May, so if it is a version issue, it doesn't seem like there's been a new version yet. The O.P. said iZotope had acknowledged the issue and told him they were working on it, but I never heard back from him as to whether he ever got it working. It's been over three months now, maybe it's time to touch base with iZotope support again..
  • AaronB
    Thanks Joe, I checked on the izotope website and in the product portal & user guide and couldn't find any way to access older versions of izotope plugs outside of final releases of legacy versions (Neutron & Neutron 2). Hate to be a nag, but would you have a copy of the Neutron 3.0.0.3342 .dmg on hand you could send? I also dropped a line to izotope support concerning this bug but I think they are pretty backed up ATM since I reached out to them on 09/12 and am still waiting on a response from that ticket. -Aaron
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: