macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student464638
    Rx7 feedback loop
    Hello I’m trying to record audio off the pc into RX7 when I turn on input monitoring to check my levels I get a feedback loop. In adobe audition this is possible? Am I missing something? Thanks!
  • Joe A
    Re: Rx7 feedback loop
    HI - A couple of questions.. - What do mean when you say "record audio off the pc"? - Are you recording straight into the RX7 standalone application? - What are the Input device and Output device set in RX7's Audio Preferences? - If you're recording with an open mic, did you remember to turn off your speakers when you turned on Input Monitoring? [If the speakers are on, the sound will be picked up by the mic when you enable Input Monitoring, creating a feedback loop -- you'd need to monitor in headphones when setting the input level & recording, just as with any DAW] If that's not it, then I'd need a little more detail on your signal routing [including platform, interface, i/o settings, etc]..
  • Student464638
    Hey Joe I have a .wav in an encrypted player on the pc and I need to make a new copy of it - I’m recording into rx7 standalone - input & output are the Realtek drivers - no mic - only monitoring in headphones There’s no audio hardware as such....but audition let’s you do this? But want to move away from it.
  • Joe A
    If it's not acoustic feedback then the output from the driver must be feeding back into its input [common when using system drivers to try to transfer audio between applications]. Maybe you could try selecting a different output [or no output] in RX7 audio preferences..? If there's a control panel for the Realtek driver that might a place to go to see if you can prevent the driver's output from being fed back into its input [or possibly a Windows audio control panel?] If not you might need a software audio router like Loopback (Rogue Amoeba).. Unfortunately I'm on macOS here so I can't test any of this out -- you might want to contact Realtek [if possible?] or [better] iZotope tech support directly.. I assume it's not possible to just export/save a copy of the .wav and import that into RX7..? Or if you can easily record into Audition then you could record the new .wav there, save it, and import it into RX7..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: