macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student471495
    Moving RX6 standard to new Mac
    Hi all, I own a licence for the RX6 standard bundle that I have used on my Macbook Pro with Logic Pro X. I bought a new Mac and would like to use my RX6 standard on that new Mac instead of the old one. So I downloaded this new download portal of iZotope and tried to install my RX6 bundle via that portal. Although the portal seems to download, install and authorize RX6 it doesn't work. I can't find the plugins anywhere on my new computer and also not within my Logic Pro X installation. Is there anyone that can provide some help? Thanks in advance! Martin
  • Joe A
    Re: Moving RX6 standard to new Mac
    Hi Martin - You didn't mention what macOS version you're on -- Catalina caused major issues with installing iZotope products [requiring significant changes], and couple that with the fact that RX6 is a two-year-old version of RX [ it's up to RX8 now] and you might have a recipe for problems.. If you are on Catalina and want to stick with RX6 I'd suggest touching base directly with iZotope support .. There was some discussion of the Catalina installer issue in this previous thread: https://www.macprovideo.com/forums/audio/izotope/thread/9167-error-during-download-of-izotope-39-s-plugins-?afid=E470KLQ7r9 Of course if you're not on Catalina then I guess even an older product/installer should work. FWIW, I've always installed iZotope projects using the dedicated individual product installers rather than the Portal, so I guess you could also try it that way. Installers for Legacy Products [including RX6] are found here: https://www.izotope.com/en/products/downloads/legacy-products.html
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: