macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student475803
    Re: Totally confused. Logic X 10.6.5
    I think I may have it!! I haven't been able to test yet, due to some home issues, but an Apple Forum led me in the right direction. Under preferences>audio, there's a setting called "Recording Delay". I checked it many times, NOT knowing that the slider has to be IN THE MIDDLE, at 0. Not far left, like I thought it should be. I'll let you know the result, but another user had the same issue. Neither one of us know how the slider got to that position. I shall, however, blame myself. Thinking maybe early on at setup, I slid the slider (slid the slider?) Hmmm. ok. Salacambella!
  • Student475803
    Oh...and also read somewhere that this is one of Apple's biggest support issues/questions. There may be a software update with this fix inclusion coming next.
  • Joe A
    Oh wow, I was sure I'd mentioned that setting, but I see that I didn't [or I accidentally edited it out]! That's there to compensate for exactly this kind of situation, and yes, you're correct, the middle position is the default/neutral position -- it can provide either positive or negative timing compensation. Most of the time there's no need for it -- I haven't seen anyone mention having to use it for years -- but maybe there is some kind of older bug that's resurfaced..? Let's hope that restoring it to the neutral setting does solve the problem :-) rather than it turning out to be an Apple/Logic bug..
  • Student475803
    Yes. I was wondering why it was there in the first place. Still have't been able to test it...being a homeowner and all. Somethings always broken... I will keep you posted.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: