macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student478338
    Bizarre articulation issue in Logic Pro
    Greetings fellow music producers/musicians/LPX users! First of all a huge thank you to all of you helping others troubleshoot their issues. This issue is driving me crazy. There’s no articulation option on the inspector menu nor on the local inspector next to the piano roll. Instead of articulation option there’s something called controller. Even if I try to select a certain effect eg : Pitch bend, legato etc from there it doesn’t effect or change the sound. I basically wanted to use the articulation for pizzicato in string instruments. Are there any other way around it ? My version of logic is 10.3.2 I've done extensive research to troubleshoot this issue but unfortunately there aren't enough information about articulation, hence here I am and hopefully others facing the same issue can refer to this thread in the future. Hoping to find a possible solution. Thanks in advance!
  • Joe A
    Re: Bizarre articulation issue in Logic Pro
    Hi - The Articulation menu in the Piano Roll Inspector is definitely there in Logic 10.5.1, but I'm sure it wasn't always there -- maybe your version of Logic predates that feature being added to the Piano Roll. If you're not prepared to update Logic you should still be able to access/edit Articulations from the Event List [shortcut "D"] -- AFAIR that capability was always there. You'll probably have to enable the Articulation display from the Event List View submenu, but then you should be able to view and edit the Articulations for all notes easily.
  • Student478338
    Thanks for the advice Joe. I am a little confused. My friend got the same version of logic as mine he has got the articulation option and seems like this has been there in logic since many years ago ( correct me if I am wrong ) however unfortunately in my case I couldn't find it. I tried to articulate from the event list but it doesn't change or effect the sound of the midi notes, moreover it doesn't have the pizzicato, staccato, spiccato options. I'm basically looking for pizzicato, staccato,spiccato style of playing strings. I tried downloading some plugins but somehow its not working (maybe bad links ?), not sure if that's due to my logic version. Any reliable download links would also be helpful. An update is not possible at the moment, any advice would be highly appreciated!
  • Joe A
    Hmm.. Changing Articulation settings in either the Piano Roll Inspector menu or the Event List works here -- the different Articulations are heard in playback, and show up in both lists [but only for selected notes in the Piano Roll Articulation menu]. Not all Logic Instruments have Articulations set up in them. Some of the Strings do [Studio Strings], but there's a quirk -- apparently if you load Studio Strings from the channel strip instead of the Library pane, not all of the Articulation functionality is active. For example, some of the lowest keys [on an 88-note keyboard] are set up to activate the different string Articulations in realtime, but IIRC they only work if you load Studio Strings from the Library...?
  • Student478338
    Yeah what you're saying makes sense. Well the other day I fiddled with it all day and came across a pizzicato sounding string, with a little touch with the bus and eq for now its getting the work down. Hopefully in the future when I update the version this issue will resolve. Thank you for your time and taking interest in solving my problem Joe. I wish you good luck!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: