macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student482723
    Piano Roll Automation/Midi Problem - Please Help!
    Hello friends! I hope someone can help me with this simple problem. I'm trying to setup velocity automation in the piano roll/midi area. When I am in my piano roll area, the only options I have are Midi Draw and something that says "controller". Looking at other video tutorials etc. I should have the option for it say "Automation/Region" which would be a blue button, but I can't find how to turn this on anywhere! Please could someone help me. Thanks, Jay
  • Joe A
    Re: Piano Roll Automation/Midi Problem - Please Help!
    Hi Jay - The Piano Roll display has slightly changed over various versions of Logic -- in current versions there's a small button that has to be enabled to show the MIDI Velocities area in the Piano Roll (see screenshot, from Logic 10.5.1). If it looks different in your version you might have a much older Logic version.
  • Student482723
    Thank you so much for replying joe :) I appreciate it. Yes these buttons are exactly what i'm missing, i have version 10.3, do you think this is the problem? Thanks! Jay
  • Student482723
    https://we.tl/t-OC3oCDfoDk This is a screenshot of what appear for me :(
  • Joe A
    That functionality and display -- the editable Velocity stems -- has been in Logic for years, so one of the little buttons at the top of the Piano Roll pane must access the display. I don't have an older version of Logic handy, but try hovering over and/or clicking those buttons -- a tooltip should pop up identifying which one is for the Automation/MIDI editing display -- it could be a little button with three lines? [You might want to turn on the Help, the ? in the header at the upper right, for popup tooltips]. Remember, once you see an Automation/MIDI > Region menu, there should be a another popup menu of MIDI data [it may default to Volume?] -- there you'd select Note Velocity. An older Logic manual had this to say: Open a MIDI Draw display in the Piano Roll editor by doing one of the following: • Choose a MIDI Draw command from the View menu in the Piano Roll Editor menu bar. • Click the MIDI Draw button, then choose a MIDI controller from the Controller pop-up menu on the left.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: