This document might also be useful for you:
To convert a MIDI performance of an external instrument to audio:
- record the MIDI from the dr880 into Logic.
- Solo the track
- Choose File > Bounce... and select "realtime"
- Bounce the track to audio and drag it in from the Audio Bin or wherever you bounced it onto an audio track in Logic.
To separate hh's, kicks, etc... there are a couple of ways. This is one:
- You've recorded your dr880 as a MIDI region. Select the region.
- Choose Region > Split/Demix > Demix by note pitch
You can then solo each track and bounce it to audio to have separate hh, kick, snare, toms etc...