macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tavafoa
    logic 8 record button not auto restarting
    Hello. One item that's bugging me in Logic 8, is that when I punch the Record button I get nothing in the middle of a recording. In Pro 7, for example, when I'd be recording, and I didn't like what I was doing, I could hit the Record buttion again, and the track would delete and start again from where I started recording on that track. Can you help me get this back into Logic 8? Thanks. Dennis
  • Felorio
    Re: logic 8 record button not auto restarting
    Hey, I was once recording some speeches live at a convetion, and when one of the speakers finished, I accedentally hit rec. instead of stop!!! 20 min. speech gone, explanations needed, fingers pointed...it sucked! So, the leeson I learned... I dont mind having to use Logic's rec. button as i would use a hardware recorders...if I want to start over, hit stop, rewind & start recording again (delete previous take if ness.)
  • Tavafoa
    Re: logic 8 record button not auto restarting
    That IS a disaster. Sorry that happened. I'm using a little iControl Controller unit, and for several years I got used to this, and use it in my home studio. I got used to working this way, and it's just handy for me. It must be a safety setup. No huge deal, but it'd be nice to find the setup. I'll have to read the manuals, I guess! Dennis
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: