macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rasydye
    Help with strange Instrument Track Issue
    I encountered a very strange thing today. I spent my whole day mixing a song. Closed it and quit Logic7.2.3 to have a rest. When I came back to have a a last listen and about to bounce it, all the instrument tracks became silent. there was no any signal shown by the meter in any of the instrument tracks! however, when i play from keyboard, there was meter and i can hear the sound. but no meter and no sound when i playback the song. all my midi information are there, but it seems it doesn't generate any thing. i also checked environment and out put, no problems at all. all other sessions playback normally. i have been planning to send this beautiful piece to someone this weekend.. if anyone could kindly give me a hand, i will be more than grateful! thanks in advance! cx
  • mPV Support
    Re: Help with strange Instrument Track Issue
    Did you try closing Logic, restarting and reloading your project ?
  • Rasydye
    yes, i restarted logic several times. i also checked the project fiolder, all files seem to be there. really confused and worried. will appreciate any ideas or suggestions. lots of thanks in advance! cx
  • mPV Support
    It may seem basic, but are you sure there is no "solo" track ? Do you have any audio tracks and if so, do they play fine ?
  • Kizujoy
    Hi I'm exsperiencing the same thing in logic 8 . In the sample editor when I can click the individual midi information I can hear the Motif . But when I play the song the motif tracks don't play and there kind of greyed out . When I programed the motif it was playing back fine but when I reopened the project the motif tracks wouldn't play
  • Rasydye
    nothing was on solo and the audio tracks all play fine. i solved the problem last weekend by going to the undo history and backed about 30 steps to get back the sound. it saved my session, but i still don't understand what could be the problem. will appreciate any suggestions. thanks a lot cx
  • mPV Support
    [quote:29399]Hi But when I play the song the motif tracks don't play and there kind of greyed out . When I programed the motif it was playing back fine but when I reopened the project the motif tracks wouldn't play[/quote] If the notes are greyed out, that's because they were muted. Use the Mute tool to unmute the muted notes. If a region is greyed out in the arrange window, that's also because it is muted. Use the mute tool to unmute the muted region. All regions on a track can also be muted with the "M" mute button of the track header. Ok, that was a lot of "mute" words! Hope you understands!
  • Kizujoy
    Thanks Christian The Mute tool worked . Thats the first time I used the mute tool , I must of accidently muted those tracks with a key command . Many thanks !!!!!!!!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: