macProVideo.com
Forums
  • HWK
    recording in logic studio 8
    Hi, can anyone help me figure out how to mix a audio trax (wave file) some of my old lp's records into software traxs that i have created. I want to use some of Aretha Franklin vocals which are quite slow maybe around 88 bpm into my traxs which are about 125 bmp. I only want the vocals not the base lines from the Aretha Lp. I have heard this type of stuff done before in a lot of music. I want to do my own remix of the song. I have read different suggestion in the forum I guess I have not found the right one please help me if you can. Thanks, Reggie
  • mPV Support
    Re: recording in logic studio 8
    Hi Hotwheelkee. There is quite a few things you can try to sync the vocal with your track. These are only suggestions : Since this is a late 60's song, the tempo of the song will probably fluctuate a little bit. Take a short loop ( 2 bars for example) of a section of the song and make it loop perfectly. If your remix song is 125 BPM, the 2 bars samples will be longer than that in your arrangement because the Aretha song is slower. You need to speed up the Aretha sample to make it sync with your remix. Set the locator in your song to 2 bars, select the region and select Audio/Adjust Region Length to Locators in the arrange local menu. This will speed up the samples to 125 BPM. In Logic 8, it's now possible to option-drag a region to apply time shift as well. I highly recommend to check out chapter 42 -52 of the Logic 8 tutorial. [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] Happy remixing!
  • HWK
    Hello, Christian Labbé Thank you so much for such thorough suggestion. I'll definitely give you feed back on the results. Thanks for the tip. :)
  • HWK
    Hello, Christian I tried your advice I order the video however, I still have a question. If I already recorded the song (the slower vocals) into logic with out adjusting the tempo in logic before I recorded it does this hender what I am trying to do. The reason I say this is because logic record at 120 bpm by default. And when I record the song in logic it was playing around 90 bpms. I know I should just rerecord the song right well I do not have the record anymore :( any more suggestions. I am trying to see if I should just give up on this one or what.
  • mPV Support
    [quote:26131]The reason I say this is because logic record at 120 bpm by default. And when I record the song in logic it was playing around 90 bpms. [/quote] No it sould not be a problem. Before changing the tempo, make sure that "Follow tempo" is not checked in the inspector in the arrange. Take the time to make a clean 2 or 4 bar loop with the Aretha record. You can export the loop to AIFF. Import it back in your 125 BPM project, and timestretch it like I explained above. Good luck!... tell me if you need more info!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: