macProVideo.com
Forums
  • guitarbloke
    cutting regions accurately
    Hi, I have been cutting regions with some success using the scissors tool, but its not always accurate. There must be some way to do it via the SPL or Locators? any help greatly appreciated. cheers Rob
  • Christian L
    Re: cutting regions accurately
    The "Split Regions/Events by Locators", "Split Regions/Events by Playhead Position" and "Split Regions/Events by Rounded Playhead Position" will do the trick. By default, there is 2 buttons for that in the toolbar. Here's a little trick with the scissor tool : if you click-hold and drag, the pointer will change to a marquee tool and it can be very precise. You can be even more precise if you hold "Ctrl" after clicking and holding.
  • guitarbloke
    sorry i cant find"split regions/events...." in the main menu up the top is it? I only have express thanks Rob
  • Christian L
    Are you using Logic 8 ? If yes, it's in the toolbar. If not, you can find these functions in Region / Split/Demix in the arrange local menu. I also suggest you use Key Commands for these functions.
  • guitarbloke
    im using logic express 7. in the local menu under region there is no split function. there is a demix however, but nothing to do with splitting?
  • Christian L
    It's probably a limitation with Logic Express 7. Do a search for "split" in the Key Commands window (Logic / Preferences / Key Commands). If it's not available in LE 7, I think you'll have to use the scissors tool. By the way, many limitations are now gone in Express 8...
  • guitarbloke
    Just got logic express 8 , huge difference. (also another learning curve) Thanks again
  • Christian L
    Yeah, the Logic 8 upgrade is really worth it for Logic Express users! Don't forget you can get the first 45 minutes of the Core Logic 8 tutorials for free to get you started... if you didn't already! Have fun with your new soft!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: