macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cdutro
    enviroment templates
    What was the link address for the templates on synths to load in logic ? thanks
  • Martin
    Re: enviroment templates
    [quote:1390]What was the link address for the templates on synths to load in logic ? thanks[/quote] I've always meant to put a link in the support section for this ... darn, the things I forget: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/LogicExtras/VariousMultis.zip[/url] Anyway, that's the Various Multis environment that contains many pre-made instruments with the default banks and patches configured. It's great for older hardware synths ...
  • cdutro
    [quote:1002][quote:1390]What was the link address for the templates on synths to load in logic ? thanks[/quote] I've always meant to put a link in the support section for this ... darn, the things I forget: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/LogicExtras/VariousMultis.zip[/url] Anyway, that's the Various Multis environment that contains many pre-made instruments with the default banks and patches configured. It's great for older hardware synths ...[/quote] Sssswweet.....thanks Martin.... well.. I suppose you have other things to remember beside that... great forum by the way and thanks again!
  • Martin
    Hope it helps ... BTW, and for anyone reading, that old Various Multis template is really outdated now ... it's got to be at least three or four years old, so there are no new synths in it. This brings up a good point ... WHERE ARE ALL THE NEW SYNTH TEMPLATES?!? Back in the day many manufacturers would supply a Logic template for new instruments, but the practice is less common these days. And in many ways, this is where a community like ours should step in! So I have a question for those interested: [b]Would it be helpful to create a page that let's our members upload custom Logic templates?[/b]
  • cdutro
    It would be a great thing I believe... for me ..all I have is old synths such as SQ-80,DX7,JV1040, and etc. but if you have a new one, it would be a great thing to have a template already to go and rock & roll!
  • Martin
    [quote:1390]It would be a great thing I believe... for me ..all I have is old synths such as SQ-80,DX7,JV1040, and etc. but if you have a new one, it would be a great thing to have a template already to go and rock & roll![/quote] Cool! We'll give this some more thought ... if anyone else has some opinions on this, please do reply!
  • dkgross
    Indeed..that would be great. I'm going nuts trying to find just a simple environment for my Triton Extreme just for doing patch/bank/performance setting changes. I found one VERY complicated (but cool) environment that let's you pretty much control the whole darned unit, but it's WAY more than I need (and doesn't have the Extreme/MOSS info). http://www.nightwingpro.com/karmalogicenv.html (if anyone HAS this environment..pleeeeeezzzee..send it!
  • cheese
    thanks alot been looking for that..
  • sax2themax
    I'm just getting started with Logic Pro 7 (and the MacPro Video tutorials), and having gone through the tutorials on Environment and working with patches, I'm still having problems. I have a Roland JV-101 and XV-2020 that I want to incorporate into the environment. I used the various multis for the JV-1010 patches, but I seem to be getting patches from the Session Bank, even though I'm choosing patches from the Piano Bank, which is bank 1. Does anyone have any ideas? What Bank Message method should I use for these synths? It defaults to Control 32. I've scoured the Roland manuals, and it tells me what MSB and LSB to use, but I don't see a way to enter that info. By the way, the modules both work fine in GM mode. It's only the factory patch banks I can't get to work right. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Best, Doug
  • Chrl
    [quote:14017] I've scoured the Roland manuals, and it tells me what MSB and LSB to use, but I don't see a way to enter that info. [/quote] Hi Doug! I explain how to enter MSB and LSB in this thread :[url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/audio/logic-pro&id=2116[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: