macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tenogyi
    editing audio
    How does one fix the rhythmic accuracy of an audio track? Meaning, let's say that a guitar track is very good except for the occasional instance when the guitarist gets to the beat a bit too soon or too late relative to the click or drum track; eg: he or she rushes to the downbeat of a given bar. How does one edit those instances to be rhythmically precise? I just can't seem to figure this out. Thanks. SG. I am using Logic 8.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: editing audio
    Hi It depends on the type of guitar being played, but if there are serious discrepancies I'd recommend recording the guitarist again and again. In fact record over and over and create a Take Folder with plenty of takes to choose from. Then make a comp with the best on time takes. If it's simply a single note being played too early and you need to move that note to the downbeat, then: Use the marquee tool to cut out the note just on it's attack. Now using the pointer tool click on the marquee selection. Double click on the new region. In the Sample editor adjust the anchor point and/or trim the region so it hits the downbeat perfectly. This won't work on a rhythm part so well though. Cheers Rounik
  • Christian L
    Re: editing audio
    You could also try the Groove Machine function. I've never really used this myself, but I know it exists. Check out page 509-510 of the Logic Pro 8 manual for more info!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: