macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Udaye
    Recording Changes
    Hi, Firstly I have just purchased the Logic 8 101 tutorials and am about half way through. They have been really useful and helpful so far. I have a question, in one of Martins videos (Tempo & Timestretching, no.52 Selecting Sounds) he shows the effects of dragging the filter for a gradual different sound, how can I record those changes when using the mouse to do it? I am thinking that you have to create a new region for a every change but I guess there is an easier way? and could you adopt the answer to all the plug-ins/instruments in Logic for example when you are changing the oscillator in Ultrabeat and you want to record the changes? Many thanks for your help. Udaye
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Recording Changes
    Hi Udaye, Welcome to MacProVideo forums! Glad you are enjoying the L8 Tutorials. What you are talking about is 'Automation'. Check out chapters 183-200. You can apply the same technique to all Logic's faders, paramaters and plug-ins & many 3rd party plug-ins too. 1. Turn on automation by pressing 'a' 2. On the Channel strip for your track click on 'Off' and select 'touch'. 3. In the track header select the bar "volume' and choose a parameter from the channel or from a plug-in inserted on that track. 4. Click play 5. Using your mouse adjust any parameter as desired. Ok that's a quick start but enjoy Martin's much much more indepth explanation and demonstration! Cheers Rounik
  • Udaye
    Re: Recording Changes
    thanks very much Rounik, I will certainly give it ago and let you know. Cheers Udaye
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: