macProVideo.com
Forums
This thread has been flagged as solved.
  • Joe A
    EXS Missing Samples: Successful Debugging
    Student453417 wrote: [Quote] Just a general successful debugging report where I lost an "xtra violins...." EXS sound on frozen track on a project I had moved around many Macs over several years. Problem: The sound started defaulting to a piano sound (I think that's EXS fallback mode) when I unfroze the track to move to a new submix ( Danger of rearranging). I tried installing Garageband, which I hadn't used in years, and then downloaded all associated sounds, it was about 600 megs, and now I can find the "xtra violin sect 1 legato" again. Before in the project it was defaulting to a piano sound, had apparently lost connection. I had to create a new software instrument track and move over the region, the previous track was not somehow locked to a "perverted" version of the violins, it still sounded as a piano. But the new track works. [End Quote] Hi, glad to hear you got it working—nice troubleshooting job! Your solution points up the complexities of EXS instrument/sample organization, including the fact that factory instruments reference files in both the Logic and GarageBand support folders. Interesting how the new track was needed to get EXS to re-link to the correct files.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: