macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student463843
    Tap Tempo Dialogue Box keeps appearing
    I have a Roland HP704 Digital Piano plugged into my iMac using a USB cable to trigger the midi in Logic Pro. Whilst playing stuff into logic on the Piano I am constantly getting the following dialogue box appearing 'Would you like to enable Tap Tempo? Click “OK” to select Auto-enable External Sync and Tap Tempo in Project Settings > Synchronization > General. Note that Tap Tempo may cause the MIDI sequencer to play out of sync with previously recorded audio.' See attached screenshot Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening? Thanks in advance,
  • Joe A
    Re: Tap Tempo Dialogue Box keeps appearing
    Hmm.. Well, first make sure Sync Mode is set to "Internal" and that the "Auto-enable External Sync and Tap Tempo" Setting is in fact un-checked [both in Project Settings > Synchronization > General] Some other possible things to look at.. - Maybe also check to see that there's no key command enabled that might cause Tap Tempo to be called up.. - Maybe un-check "Tempo Recording" in the Tempo Interpreter window [Edit menu > Tempo >] - Maybe check to see if the Roland is seen by Logic as a Control Surface and is transmitting some kind of Tempo command [Logic menu > Control Surfaces > Setup...] - Maybe check all the other Synchronization tabs in Project Settings > Synchronization > ? If you disconnect the Roland and try playing into Logic from a different keyboard, do you still get that message? If not, then the Roland must be transmitting something [some MIDI/sync message].. - Maybe try turning off the onboard sequencer/recorder in the Roland..? - Maybe try turning off Bluetooth on the Roland..? https://static.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/HP704_702_eng01_W.pdf Of course try all the usual troubleshooting steps -- power the computer down/up; try working in a brand new empty Logic Project [not a previous template]; etc.. Maybe someone else who uses that keyboard will have a definitive answer, but if not I guess you may have to do some further troubleshooting -- the first thing I'd try would be to work with a different keyboard for a bit, to confirm if the problem is specific to the Roland..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: