macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student465192
    Logic Pro X Automation
    Anyone knows how to assign parameters in the lane set like Expression, modulation and vibrato to midi surface controller ? I tried a lot could not find the solution.
  • Joe A
    Re: Logic Pro X Automation
    Hi - Are you asking how to set up lanes in the Step Editor to see MIDI controller data? if that's the case, check out the video below. If the controller is outputting, say, MIDI Expression data (CC11), it should show up in the appropriate lane there, or in the Tracks area and Piano Roll Editor as Region Automation data (see screenshot). If you're talking about re-mapping hardware MIDI controls to different values, it depends on the controller [does it have an editable profile for Logic?] You could also remap controller values on input with a Transformer in the Environment [placed between the Physical Input object and the Sequencer Input object].
  • Student465192
    Thank you Joe for your response. I’m looking specifically to assign two of my midi controller faders the Korg nanokontroller2 one to expression and one to modulation. I know how to assign any plugins cc to this surface controller through cc learn but could not do that for other parameters in logic that has numbers only. It shows in the midi region and only can use pencil tool or mouse to change modulation and expression but I need to use the fader. For the transformer in the environment I have no clue how it work . I will search for it Thanks you !
  • Joe A
    If you always want those two faders on the Korg to output CC1 [Mod] and CC11 [Exp] then I'd figure the easiest thing to do would be to program them to output those controllers on the Korg itself. Apparently Korg has some kind of driver for Logic, but I'm a little leery of Korg's drivers. This page has links to all the scattered NanoKontrol2 documents: https://www.korg.com/us/support/download/product/0/159/#manual Check out the following documents: nanoKONTROL2/KORG KONTROL Editor Owner's manual : This document is apparently a manual for a software utility for programming various Korg devices [the download link for the utility itself is under the Software heading lower down on the same page] nanoKONTROL2/Parameter Guide E : This document is specific to the NanoKontrol2 and describes a "CC Mode" which seems to be what you'd want, and indicates that you can set each fader to transmit the controller number of your choice using the Kontrol Editor software Not having NanoKontrol2 here I can't really be more specific, but it would seem like it should be easy enough to suss out.. Remapping incoming controller numbers in the Logic Environment is also easy enough *if you know the Environment* [!!!], but the Environment can be pretty hairy, and patches are specific to the Project. Setting the right controller numbers at the source should be a one-time set & forget thing..
  • Student465192
    Solved with Environment and Transformer. Thanks Joe . You’re a genius !
  • Joe A
    Excellent! You're a brave soul going into the Environment.. ;-)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: