macProVideo.com
Forums
  • odessaflyer
    Ultrabeat - assigning seperate channels
    Hi - I've been using Ultrabeat using a Digi002 beakout box w/ Logic Pro 7. I also have Martins Tutorial on Ultrabeat which is great! I was able to assign seperate channels on Ultrabeat such as snare or kick to seperate channels after creating AUX sends in the audio environment, and then routing to the output. Everything worked fine. But I've recently switched over to using an RME Fireface 800 as the break out box which I love, BUT - now when I try assigning seperate channels for Ultrabeat - as soon as I assign the channel of any sound such as snare or kick -the sound for that channel does not pass through to the output channel. Only the "main" channel takes the sound..YES I'm using "MULTICHANNEl for the Ultrabeat Instrument. I've looked at the tutorial again - read the manuals and also checked the manual for RME Fireface regarding the "mixer" window that allows assignments ( within the breakout box, unlike Pro-tools) Nothing seems to work yet...anyone have any suggestions? What am I missing here? Does anyone else use a Fireface 800? thanks very much in advance! Jake
  • steveH
    Re: Ultrabeat - assigning seperate channels
    Hmmm... I tested the multi-channel technique (when I made Ultrabeat Unleashed) with 3 different drivers: internal audio, M-Audio and Apogee and it worked perfectly with each of those. Have you gone to the RME website and downloaded their latest drivers? Give that a try (if you haven't already). Steve
  • odessaflyer
    Re: Ultrabeat - assigning seperate channels
    Hi Steve tahnks for the reply-I was away in NYC. I did finally get it working but oddly, I still am not sure about what the issue is. But I did notice that when I clicked on the play button for logics transport, all assigned Ultrabeat channels worked. I assumed it has something to do with that. Then for some reason I got it to wqork with only the Ultrabeat sequencer running. Then it the same problem starting happeneing again. Then it worked again. I noticed the motu midi express was acting a little strange and so I haven't isoltaed the real issue yet. But I do have several AUX channels recieving seperate channels for each sound - . My next step is using the step sequencer and the matrix editor. I know how to drag and drop the sequence over to logic's sequencer, I'm trying to build seprate "sections" with each sequence programmed in each different pattern. Any tips on using the step sequncer would be appreacuiated - I have gotten the "Mute" function and pattern chgange functrion working with my keyboard controller. I will go to RME web site and download the latest drivers but I think I already have them - Once I figure out what the problem is I'll write back again - thanks Jake
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: