macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Yuri Danka
    Video With Mainstage 2
    I will start using MainStage with my band, but we play whith a sync video on public display. How can I playback video on MainStage or Rewire device? Thanx
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Video With Mainstage 2
    Hi Yuri, Welcome to the forums :) How do you plan to playback the video? In Quicktime or another application? Do you have another Mac to playback the video or from the same Mac? Is it one long video... or multiple videos and each on must sync per "song"? Also, I might recommend you check out Arkaos which can easily launch video to an external display... In Mainstage you can send a MIDI out note (through the IAC Driver) to trigger the video playback in Arkaos. Thanks Rounik
  • Yuri Danka
    But I can play Arkaos in the same Mac, or I need another one?
  • Rounik Admin
    you could use the same mac in theory... what Mac you have... How much ram and how you use Mainstage will determine how well it all runs. :)
  • Yuri Danka
    I have a Macbook pro whith 8GB Ram, I Will try! Thanx for help
  • Rounik Admin
    No probs Yuri! Do let us know how you get on... Thanks Rounik
  • Patrick Randall
    Hello! Newb here. A worship leader in a church trying to run stems for the band and video for the people :-) Which bit of Arkaos would do simple launches of a video per mainstage song? This is in a church and the videos have backgrounds with the song words for the congregation to sing so they need to start and stay synched to the mainstage playbacks. How do I get the machine running this Arkaos to talk to my Mainstage Mac on stage? A long midi cable? (wonder if I could run that over an audio snake - our sound booth is 100ft from the stage)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Patrick, I'm not too familiar with Arkaos, so couldn't advise. A MIDI cable should work... @ Yuri, did you manage to get the Mainstage2 to Arkaos sync working? Would be great to hear your impressions of it. Thanks Rounik
  • Yuri Danka
    I didn't try use Arkaos and Mainstage and the same computer with MIDI sync yet. I believe that this week I will get arkaos demo to test.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Yuri, Thanks! Do let us know when you are able to test it out. Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: