macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student467674
    ITA - help multipad midi channel
    Ciao a tutti Sono nuovo nel forum e sto iniziando ora ad entrare nel mondo di mainstage per puro divertimento. Ho questo tipo di problema che con Ableton riuscivo a gestire Possiedo un multipad DD70 Portable Electronic Drum Pads by Gear4music Il mio semplice obiettivo è attivare una patch (Drum kit - percussioni o Drum machine) di quelle predefinite del programma ed assegnare ad ogni pad una nota midi a mia scelta, avendo per ogni suono (cassa, rullante ecc) un canale configurabile. Quindi cosa ho fatto, ho creato un layout importando 9 semplici pad, ad ogni pad ho assegnato automaticamente il rispettivo canale midi cliccando su Assign e premendo su ogni pad. A questo punto il programma vede tutto su canale midi 10 ed assegna lui delle note ad ogni pad. Fin qui tutto ok Poi creo il mio concerto inserendo una patch di quelle già predefinite che hanno i canali divisi Ma quando provo a cambiare la nota midi di assegnazione quello che comanda è sempre ciò che è configurato con hardware Mi spiego... se al pedale il programma assegna la nota G1 quando la vado a cambiare sulle impostazioni del canale lui continua a suonare il G1 su hardware Se tale nota invece la forzo su Layout, il programma la cambia ma il multipad non la suona. Spero di non essermi spiegato troppo come un cane Chiedo scusa ma sono alle prime armi quindi magari qualche nome tecnico mi manca Grazie a chi potrà aiutarmi
  • Joe A
    Re: ITA - help multipad midi channel
    Original post (translation): Quote: Hello everyone I'm new to the forum and I'm starting now to enter the world of Mainstage for pure fun. I have this kind of problem with Ableton I was able to manage I have a multipad DD70 Portable Electronic Drum Pads by Gear4music My simple goal is to activate a patch (Drum kit - percussion or Drum machine) to the default settings of the program and assign each pad a midi note of my choice, having for each sound (kick, snare, etc) a configurable channel. So what I did, I created a layout by importing 9 simple pads, to each pad I automatically assigned the respective midi channel by clicking Assign and pressing on each pad. At this point the program sees everything on midi Channel 10 and assigns him notes to each pad. So far everything ok then I create my concert inserting a patch of those already predefined that have the channels divided but when I try to change the midi note of assignment what commands is always what is configured with hardware I explain... if the pedal the program assigns the note G1 when I go to change it on the channel settings he continues to play the G1 on hardware if that note instead force it on Layout, the program changes it but the multipad does not play it. I hope I have not explained myself too much like a dog I apologize but I'm new so maybe some technical name I miss thanks to who can help me. End quote Hi - I understand that you're looking to play a drum Patch from a pad controller, but unfortunately the translation[s] for the section of your post where you describe what's not working come out not really making any sense. In general, there are usually two ways to set up to play software drums from a hardware controller: - Determine the notes the drums play from in the virtual instrument Patch, and change the pads on the controller to output the correct note for each drum - Determine the notes the controller pads are sending, and change the note assignments [re-map] in the virtual instrument Patch to match I sorry I can't be more specific than that, given the translation problems.. Usually, I would guess that smaller drum controllers probably output the General MIDI drum notes from the pads, so you might want to see if the drum Patch shares those note mappings [i.e. kick = C1, snare = D1, closed hihat = F#1, etc etc]..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: