macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex83pearl
    Redrum Problem!
    Hi, I created a Redrum in a Combinator, I linked the Redrum to a Malström, then to a bunch of effects. My problem is that I have 2 different results: if I program a pattern in the redrum without copying to track(pattern enabled), I got the sound I want, but if I copy the pattern to track, the sound is realy different(I have the drum sound plus the malström's notes). Why is the sound different if I copy to track? In addition I can't record any automations when I don't copy to track! Is it because the Redrum is inside a Combi? Last but not least question: with the Digtal Delay, how can I avoid moving even 1 ms ahead the pattern. I want the echoes without shifting the pattern( in my case a redrum loop)...
  • Funsystem
    Re: Redrum Problem!
    Hi, I sugget instead of copying the pattern to the track you activate an automation of the pattern. Lets say you have your groove on pattern 1. If you want to have an intro from 1 to 49, leave it on pattern one, and then if you want to make room for your break, just automate redrum to play pattern 2 from 49 until the next number you want your groove to be back on. Hope you understood me and that it helped !
  • Alex83pearl
    Hi, and first thanx for the tip, but I solved the problem.. But still, automations are a nice idea ;)
  • Shaz303
    Hi Alex Can you tell me how you finally solved the above problem? I'm running into the same difficulties as well. Thanks
  • Alex83pearl
    Hi Shaz! It's been a long time since I haven't posted here! There's many things to say, so first, when playing the combi, I heard both the redrum & the malstrom, and I only wanted to hear the redrum through the malstrom but without the sine wave coming from oscillator A. So I deactivated Osc A; now the redrum is the only sound source (assuming the malstrom is used as an effect unit). Another option for the same result is to open the programmer of the combi, to select the malstrom, and deselect the option "receive note". The problem with the delay was a bit silly, as simply playing with the dry/wet button solved it... But there's one thing for sure, I would have avoid those problems if I watched the best tutorial ever for beginners before => [url]http://www.propellerheads.se/download/files/Reason3_DocumentationEnglish.zip[/url] Ps: Now I'm moderator on the only french forum dedicated to Reason => [url]http://reasonfrance.free.fr/[/url]. There's a bunch of patches, .rns & vids about Reason, all available as soon as you register; hope you'll enjoy!
  • Shaz303
    Hi Alex Thanks for the tip! I'll look through your links too. Btw check out our website Elektrisches Descent - www.elekd.com (music made with Reason) Cya, Shaz
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: