macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student460214
    Getting audio files into the Media Browser
    I've tried everything! Converted them to MP3, tried to drag from iTunes, dragged from desktop, - they will not import into the media browser. I was able to create a file for them there, but still no go. I saw a video where it indicated I should see at the top of the Media Browser 3 tabs: Audio, Movies, and "All FIles". I do not have the "All Files" tab, and that's the one they recommend importing files from. Also tried dragging them directly from Finder. no luck. I am trying to get some externally recorded .wav sample files into the browser for use in G-band. Thanks for your help!
  • Joe A
    Re: Getting audio files into the Media Browser
    Yeah, I see that all the time—some feature in a GB video that clearly no longer exists in the current version. I think in an attempt to make for greater parity with the iOS version[s] they actually took some useful features out of GB [I know they did that with iMovie and the Pages word processor—maddening!]. AFAICT the only way to get an audio file into the Media Browser is by some convoluted procedure where you drag it directly into a GB track, save the Project, and then [I assume] import that GB Project[?] into whatever other Project[s] you want to use that file in, but when I double-click that GB session I get an error message about re-saving with an iLife preview..? However, that might be worth a try for what I think you're looking to do..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: