Forums
This thread relates to...
iMovie 100
Introducing iMovie
by: michaelWohl
More Info
  • Student99224
    No sound on imovie
    Hi, I'm on Mac OSX High Sierra and on IMOVIE 10.1.10. I have no sound inside imovie (sound from bibliotheque, from the video itself or from any source) but well after exportation. I don't understand why i can't hear anything inside my project. On yosemite and my old imovie (ilife ?) i never had issues... I cant find nothing on apple support and on google. What can i check ?
  • Joe A
    Re: No sound on imovie
    I can't duplicate that issue here (iMovie 10.1.12, Mojave)—sound always plays inside iMovie as expected. Check to make sure the audio clip isn't muted, or the volume accidentally turned all the way down (via the little speaker icon at the upper right). You might also check if audio plays in other iMovie projects (or if it's a project-specific issue), and if sound from other sources (iTunes?) plays correctly through the same Mac output (to see if it's a general Mac sound issue or an iMovie-specific sound issue). I don't see any option to select an audio output device in iMovie Preferences, so I assume sound should be playing from the built-in Mac audio output. Here's Apple's official troubleshooting advice for missing sound in iMovie: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203245 I've linked this thread to one of our iMovie courses—maybe you'll see something in there that will help, or perhaps another user has encountered this issue and will have some advice. The link below will take you to other iMovie 10 training videos.. https://www.macprovideo.com/library/application/imovie
  • Student99224
    Hi, it's an issue inside IMOVIE. I will reinstall it maye it will help.... of not i will go to FILMORA (i tried demo and it works)...Thank you
  • Joe A
    Is 10.1.10 the last version of iMovie that will run on High Sierra? I know 10.1.14 that's up on the App Store now requires Mojave, but maybe 10.1.11 or 10.1.12 might be compatible and fix this issue..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: