Forums
This thread relates to...
iMovie 100
Introducing iMovie
by: michaelWohl
More Info
  • Student465290
    Weird black and white lines replacing image once rendering
    Hello, new user to iMovie and video editing. Once I render my 6 min video several of the photos and transitions are covered up with black and white lines. Audio playing behind it is fine. And doesn't seem to affect video clips in the movie, only photos and transitions. Here's a screenshot of what it looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kthz4h8zcwqqb0/Screenshot%202020-06-24%2010.46.32.png?dl=0 thanks!
  • Joe A
    Re: Weird black and white lines replacing image once rendering
    I can't duplicate that issue here, but apparently it is (or was) common to have still images show up as black or green screens or lines. I found various suggestions online -- no one reported a definitive cause or solution, but people offered suggestions that worked for them. Since I can't duplicate the problem I can't vouch for any of those suggestions, but they include.. - It has to do with image size -- reduce the dimensions of the image (i.e. 1000x500 to 750x325) - It has to do with file type -- try converting file type (i.e. JPEG to PNG) - It has to do with the video card in the Mac - It has to do with the version of iMovie - Try deleting & re-importing the images Of course you could also try the usual troubleshooting steps.. - Hard shutdown/restart - Try the same images in a different iMovie file - Try the same images in a new (fresh) iMovie file - Try the same images in iMovie under a different User - Try the same images in iMovie on a different computer - Try different images and see if the problem affects all images or only certain ones - Try reinstalling iMovie I've attached one of our basic iMovie courses -- maybe something in there will help, or perhaps another iMovie user has encountered this and will be able to offer a suggestion..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: