macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Nudocya
    Problems with dragging a photograph in iMovie on Mac
    I'm making a slideshow by attaching still drawings together. When I drag a frame to extend the timeline, it snaps back as soon as I release it. The preview then stops whenever it reaches this point. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sEi3sW3zp6rwBJDMBSmSVSW26cyTcLOa
  • Joe A
    Re: Problems with dragging a photograph in iMovie on Mac
    Hmm.. I can't really tell from the lo-res link, but from your description it seems like you're doing everything correctly. I haven't been able to duplicate what you're describing.. I imported several (still) images and adjusted their durations (longer & shorter) by dragging their right edges; I was always able to play through the entire length of the project. This worked when there were transitions applied as well. Are you sure the still images haven't been accidentally converted to movie clips (maybe by some effect applied, intentionally or unintentionally) -- the snap-back behavior you're describing sounds like what might happen when you try to extend the length of a movie clip beyond the actual end point of the file. If the project isn't too far along, you might want to try deleting everything and re-importing the images, just to get a fresh start -- try the adjustments on the freshly imported files. Of course, all the usual troubleshooting steps could be tried, especially restarting the computer, just to see if the behavior is the result of some computer gremlins ;-) You didn't mention the system/version you're working with -- my results were with the current version of iMovie & Mojave. In general, if you include that information with a troubleshooting post, it can sometimes help (like if there's a known bug with a certain version, for example).. Btw, I've moved this thread to the iMovie subforum..
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: