macProVideo.com
Forums
  • cubot
    LE7 Environment: Playing Midi Instruments
    Hi. I've got another question, this about the Environment tutorial and playing midi instruments. On the tutorial, Martin demonstrates using a Quicktime synth using a Physical Input arrow dedicated to the capslock keyboard. His PI is a large, multi arrow object with the appropriate arrows lablelled with their corresponding Midi ports. On my display, my physical input is a tiny one-arrow icon with no labels. The top arrow on mine seems to work like the sum arrow on the tutorial, but when I add more arrows to my PI by clicking on the arrow I have, they aren't labelled and don't seem to have any effect on the objects I connect them to. My Logic reference shows a Physical Input that looks like Matin's and not mine. What's the point of having all the little arrows on the PI if only the top one does anything? Thanks for any enlightenment on this!
  • Martin
    Re: LE7 Environment: Playing Midi Instruments
    Hi Cubot, Ahh, I seem to recall that Express only has a Sum arrow on the Physical Input ... one of the limitations of express I guess, so you may not be able to follow along exactly with the tutorial. Sorry! I should have made note of that ...
  • cubot
    Thanks for the reply! So... is there a purpose for the arrows underneath the top arrow which does the work? Seems strange to allow you to add multiple arrows underneath the sum arrow when they have no function?
  • Martin
    They just send the exact same signal out ... everytime you drag out a cable, a new arrow is created ... that way you can send the same signal to multiple other objects in the environment, which has it's verious uses.
  • JGUNZ
    [quote:1002]Hi Cubot, Ahh, I seem to recall that Express only has a Sum arrow on the Physical Input ... one of the limitations of express I guess, so you may not be able to follow along exactly with the tutorial. Sorry! I should have made note of that ...[/quote] Soo for us Express users can you explain how to hook up midi in the enviorment window??
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: