macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JGUNZ
    midi problems
    I really need some help here! I have a keystation 49e plugged into my usb and a Roland MV8000 workstation plugged into midi i\o of a firewire410. This is the problem whith my logic express program I can not use any of the midi inputs, i tried to do setup again and add them there but still nothing. can someone please give me any suggestions on how I can make this work?? thanks
  • steveH
    Re: midi problems
    Have you installed the Firewire 410, and Keystation updated USB drivers?. If not, you can located them on the manufacterer's website. Disconnect your interface and controllers, install the drivers, boot down, reconnect the interface/controllers, reboot... and see if that helps. The Roland has a MIDI (not USB) out so it won't need a driver update.
  • JGUNZ
    thanks for the help!! I still don't know how to get the roland to play through midi. All the midi tracks do not have the option to arm for recording, the only button on all midi tracks is mute. I can't even play the caps lock keyboard.
  • Christian L
    Are you able to play Logic's Synth with the Keystation ? Is it only your external Roland synth that you're unable to play ?
  • JGUNZ
    No I get no midi at all. I just bought the enviorment tutorial turn learn a little more midi, hopefully this helps. another question is there a big difference between logic express and pro in the enviorment?? will this tutorial help a express user??
  • Martin
    There a some differences between the express and pro versions in the tutorial. For example, I seem to recall that express has only a sum output on the physical input, and not seperate outputs for every available MIDI channel. Most of the tutorial applies, however ... particularly th important stuff for your situation â?? signal flow! Logic's envorinment is powerfull for situations EXACTLY like this ... it allows you to trouble shoot and discover where the problem lies.
  • JGUNZ
    hey thanks everybody I got it to work!!! the enviorment dvd was very helpful, I set up my enviorment just like in the tutorial and I got the mv to put out sound into logic!! I still can't get the instruments in logic to produce sound but I think I just need to play around some more.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: