macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hricco
    Hyper Drum Editor? where is it?
    Hello, I'm lovin this forum.... Ok question: I just got a book from Erik Hawkins called "The Complete Guide to Remixing" great book if you guys are interested, Anyway he explains a few things about programming drums in various different programs like, Reason, Cubase and Logic. I used to use Cubase, and I always loved the drum map and drum editor for programming drum parts, in the book he shows images of Logic's drum editors, they look like hyper editors but they have the parts listed down the left side like; Kick, Snare, Clap, Hats . and then a pattern sequencer next to it. looks great.....but I can't find it anywhere in logic, How do I get to this wonderful drum editor. Thanks HERB
  • Christian L
    Re: Hyper Drum Editor? where is it?
    Here's a link to a sound on sound article explaining just that : [url]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar06/articles/logictech.htm[/url] It can seems confusing at first, but using hyper edit to edit drums in Logic is very flexible. Tell us if you have further questions about this...
  • steveH
    [quote:1687]Here's a link to a sound on sound article explaining just that : [url]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/mar06/articles/logictech.htm[/url] It can seems confusing at first, but using hyper edit to edit drums in Logic is very flexible. Tell us if you have further questions about this...[/quote] Select the region you want to edit. Open up the Hyper editor. In the hyper parameter box click and hold the hyper menu bar and select GM Drum editor....that's it!!
  • Christian L
    You're right Steve... but the advantage of creating a mapped instrument and using the Create Multiple Event Definitions is that you'll end up with all the right names for all your voice instead of the GM ones. By the way, one function of the hyper edit mode that I really like is that you can use different grid quantize for each drum voices. For exemple, you can set up your kick to 1/4 note and your snare to 1/8 and your hihats to 1/16. You can then just click and drag and you get instant 1/16 hihats pattern gratification.
  • Hricco
    And there it is !! Thanks guys
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: