macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Doug
    filtering keybounce
    My keyboard sometimes bounces. When this happens, Logic records a very short first note with the correct velocity, an off, then a second note, same pitch, with a low velocity and the correct duration. In the best of all worlds, I'd like convert those to a single note with the correct velocity and duration [i]before[/i] any further processing. In the second best world, I'd like to select those in the event list and correct them there. Any suggestions? I understand programming conventions but I'm very new to Logic.
  • Christian L
    Re: filtering keybounce
    If you set up the transformer to delete (or filter out) all notes shorter than 30 ticks, would that do the job ?
  • Doug
    I don't think so. The first (short) note holds the velocity information and the correct start time. What needs to be removed, I suppose, is the first note-off and the second note-on MIDI messages of the pair.
  • Christian L
    That's a tricky one! Maybe you could set up the transform window to select all short notes, then use the glue tool on them by hand. That's a bit awkward... Does this problem occur often ? It could be worth out to fix or change your keyboard...
  • Doug
    They're simple enough to fix by hand--they are quite visible in the piano roll editor. I'll test the glue tool (I have been deleting the second note and extending the first); thanks for the suggestion. [edit: Checked the glue tool; couldn't make it work on notes in the piano roll editor... ???] As to the keyboard, bounce is an occasional problem (maybe one note in fifty) depending on what I'm playing and my own mental state. Trading or fixing the keyboard isn't an option; it's a 20-year-old Kurzweil MIDIBoard and it has generally gorgeous action and polyphonic aftertouch. Not replaceable except by a newer MIDIBoard. Later firmware editions apparently fix the bounce issue but firmware upgrades are either difficult or impossible to come by.
  • Christian L
    [quote:25063] [edit: Checked the glue tool; couldn't make it work on notes in the piano roll editor... ???] [/quote] To use the glue tool, you need to select 2 notes and click on them with the glue tool. The 2 notes wll be "glued" together. It should work in the piano roll editor.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: