macProVideo.com
Forums
  • steveH
    How do you like the Side Chain tutorials....?
    ... any feedback?
  • Bj
    Re: How do you like the Side Chain tutorials....?
    Hiya Steve, Absolutely awesome! It has opened the doors to many possibilities & uses not before envisioned... Many thanks Bj PS: What have you got in mind for the next one?
  • Christian L
    Excellent as usual! I already started to use that "Side Chain Splashing" trick in my tracks... and the Bill Burgess cameo was great too! But now, I can't get that "Irish Frost Vocal" out of my head ? Any tips ?
  • steveH
    according to my leprechaun friend...." a swig of Irish whiskey should do the trick"... either that or Igor can perform some of his electric shock therapy.. your choice!
  • Rounik Admin
    I'd go with the electric shock therapy! the side chaining tutorials are great! Am renewing my affair with side chaining. Love the Cameo too... my Logic soul is feeling nurtured but still wants more... any chance of a few more titbits about that environment setup you had generating music for the "video game" project? Thanks Rounik
  • Christian L
    Thanks for the tip Steve! I'm so glad the swig of Irish whiskey did the trick... I was a bit afraid of that electric shock therapy thing!
  • steveH
    [quote:7638]I'd go with the electric shock therapy! the side chaining tutorials are great! Am renewing my affair with side chaining. Love the Cameo too... my Logic soul is feeling nurtured but still wants more... any chance of a few more titbits about that environment setup you had generating music for the "video game" project? Thanks Rounik[/quote] You can play it here www.chainfactor.com check it out!
  • HWK
    Hi, Steve I like the side chaining video. I know this is a little off the subject I purchased all of the logic pro videos and love them all. I still have not got a grip on mastering my mix. I have watched the mastering logic video on tempo and time streatching about 10 times and I still can not get my vocals on beat with my tracks. I create my beats in ultra beat. I am or want to be a house music producer so I use a lot of vocals in my music, mostly prerecorded music from the 70's. I like using Aretha Franklin vocals as you know some of her music is slow 90 bpms. The music I produce is around 120 and up bmp. I know nothing comes easy I really need some help with this. I have also, read the users manual. Thanks, Reggie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Steve Nice Music! I enjoyed the game as well and found it quite addictive...could quite easily eat into my spare time ;-) So, now you've showcased the generated music itself, any hints or tips on how you created it? I understand it might be something you wanna keep close to your chest....in which case I'll have to ply Igor with Scotch whiskey and hopefully get him to talk :-0 Rounik
  • Wyhudyi
    Just watched it. Fantastic! As has been stated, this TNT opened up many avenues of experimentation. But... I was a bit disappointed that you didn't explore using side-chains as audio sound sources within a Logic soft synth. It seems that there could be the POTENTIAL for all manner of audio craziness using this routing in conjunction with the effects. If I know my manual, Sculpture and the poor, neglected ES1 can use an audio source modulator. I think that's it? (Why am I thing of Ultrabeat...) In any event, I use the audio side chain source within Sculpture, NI's Absynth & FM8 regularly but, I've never been able to get anything using this method with the ES1 worth recording. Ah well... Looking forward to the January TNT.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: