macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tulu
    Logic Pro 7 Crashing after Updating to 7.0.1
    Hi I use G5 quad with OS 10.4. I have updated 16 application instructed by apple through web. After this update today, my logic pro 7 is crashing when I am trying to open a new project from the very beginning. While I go from Library to Preference and Click on Logic, it crashes and gives a message to reopen, close or report to apple. If I click reopen, it opens but at the first place it crashes. Please help me. Did I do anything wrong? Also give me some steps to defragmentation my system because it has become too slow. I use OS 10.4 Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro 7 Crashing after Updating to 7.0.1
    Hi Tulu to defragment - well similar... repair disk permissions using Disk Utility in Applications>Utilities. Otherwise OS X apparently defragments by itself... I think your best option would be to restore your system to before you downloaded all 16 updates. I really hope you have a backup of your system. Otherwise it might be worth backing up your important files and starting from scatch. But, do try the repair permissions first and wait to see if anyone else here on this forum can help. Also, what version of 10.4 do you use? Rounik
  • Tulu
    Dear Rounik I am a new MAc user. I did not restore or back up any files before this update. (I dont know how to do that even) I have already done the update. My G5 uses 10.4.4 until yesterday but now I dont know because there was a OS update in those 16 updates so I am confused what is the OS now. I have an extra unused 250 gig lacie hard drive - if you suggest me anything I can do but I am also middle of a Logic pro 7 project. I dont know what to do next. Thanks for the help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi go to the blue apple at the top let of the screen, click and select "about this mac" from the drop down menu. You can now see your version of os x. 1. Repair permission. HD>Applications>Utilities> Disk Utility 2. I would suggest cloning your mac system to the lacie drive using a program like super duper or carbon copy cloner. Make sure it all works by restarting from that drive and testing it. Then erase your mac and start from scratch... install mac os x from your original mac os x disc that came with your mac. Install Logic 7 again. move your logic projects back to your mac's drive. (By the way make sure you save your logic projects in Logic using the "save as project..." feature as this saves all associated audio, midi, instrument settings etc in a contained folder. Thus, it's easier to copy and keep track of all files associated with your project). ---- 3. This is quite a drastic change. I could suggest another option: delete the logic app in HD>Applications... and then reinstall Logic from your original discs and don't upgrade to 7.0.1 if it doesn't work for your system. --- I hope some of this helps and doesn't confuse! Rounik
  • Tulu
    hi its OS 10.4.11
  • Chrl
    Hi Tulu, Before reinstalling everything, did you try deleting your Logic preferences ? Delete the "Logic" folder and the "com.apple.logic.pro.plist" and "com.apple.logic.pro.cs" located in ~/Library/Preferences (The "~" symbol is your home folder)
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: