macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JT3Jon
    Own Logic Complete Vol.1: Any reason to get Logic 8 tutorials?
    Hello everyone, A few years ago I purchased and enjoyed the Logic Complete Vol1 for Logic Pro 7.1, and am now a very capable Logic 7 user. However, I dont know a thing about Logic 8 (yet). So I'm wondering, is there any benefit for me to purchase the Logic 8 101 tutorials? Is it 100% new material, or a rehashing the concepts I already know using the new Logic 8 interface? Any info on the Logic 201 videos? Perhaps I should wait for this instead? Thanks for your help.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Own Logic Complete Vol.1: Any reason to get Logic 8 tutorial
    Hi The Logic 101: Core Logic 8 video takes a different approach. Look at the contents to get an idea of this. There have been many cosmetic and workflow changes in Logic 8 so although similar concepts are covered they are entirely needed to be able to get up and running in Logic 8, in my opinion. Cheers Rounik
  • Tinman
    I upgraded to Logic 8 pretty much as soon as it became available. I think it is much easier to use than Logic 7. As an amateur singer, songwriter, the tutorials have been excellent. I now have a much better understanding of the basics especially the sections on EQ, compression and limiting. Now that I understand what they do and how they do it, I have gone back and revised individual tracks with intent. In the past I was taking a stab in the dark because I didn't really know if the compression settings for example were appropriate for the track. Because of the revisions at the individual track level, the mixdown and mastering does not require radical work, that has required so many hours of work trying to remediate in the past.
  • Xidehoy
    [quote:1542] ... is there any benefit for me to purchase the Logic 8 101 tutorials? Is it 100% new material, or a rehashing the concepts.. [/quote] I have both the Logic 7 and 8 '101' videos - there is overlap, of course, as both releases of the application have similar functionality, but Martin made the effort to bring in valuable new topics with a new approach. The bonus chapter alone makes it well worth the $$ in my opinion.
  • Cajypiu
    Just to add to the above as I have been really bad about posting feedback on the tutorials I have down loaded... I have both the logic 7 and 8 101 series and they are different. I found that the Logic 7's tutorials focus more on how to drive logic whereas the updated 101 series takes on the learning of logic in a project environment. Martin did say it was an experiment but I liked it. Gone are the days of going through a software's menu functions and learning what they do just in case some time in the future you might use them. Realistically though, you end up having to learn on the job anyway as you can never remember everything unless you use it all day everyday, which realistically ain't gonna happen, especially when starting off. Also, modern software is so powerful most people probably only use 20% of it's capability so why learn stuff and potentially confuse yourself with things you ain't going to use! Think Photoshop or even Microsoft Word for that matter. In the case of the new Logic training series, it starts a song from scratch and produces it. There will be overlap because the logic 7 series wasn't and still isn't redundant... but the overall process is different, and more useful in my opinion.... so still worth it!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: