macProVideo.com
Forums
  • u.f studio
    voice recording with logic studio
    i recently got logic but the equality of the recording is not as good as garage bang is it because i don't know how to use it or is this a problem other people are having as well ? how can i make the quality better ... help as soon as i got logic the quality of garage band has gone dwn as well any tips ? thanks [b]YOUR TEXT HERE[/b]
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: voice recording with logic studio
    Hi Logic is used in pro & home studios and the quality of it's audio engine is as good as the audio interface, microphone and studio you are recording in. What do you mean by 'quality'? It's a very subjective term. Have you checked the sample rate, bit depth etc? Are you recording with the same equipment, in the same room under the same conditions? I don't understand how GB's quality has "gone down"? Were you using channel strip settings in GB to help with your recordings? Try the same one's in Logic. I do think if you're very new to Logic it'd be worth learning how to use it properly. Luckily, you've cme to the right place ;-) The Logic 101: Core Logic 8 videos are a great deal. Best Rounik
  • u.f studio
    yh i just got it what bit depth and sample rate do you use ? thanx
  • Rounik Admin
    well the sample rate you use depends on a few factors: What's your medium of delivery, purpose of project and CPU and what your audio interface supports: Higher sample rates in theory give higher quality. However, if the delivery mechanism (e.g. CD, DVD, DAT) cannot deliver the data rate at the required speed, ironically the higher sample rate could result in lower quality. In general, 48Khz if for film, DVD 44.1Khz is for CD. Bit depth.. 24bit gives you a greater dynamic range when recording so that's better than 16bit. Look at the relevant chapters in the Logic 101 videos for more info too. Best Rounik
  • Tinman
    I have also found it hard to hit the sweet spot in recording vocals until I realized that a consistent approach or process has helped me get more consistent and predictable results. Check out the link provided for Sound on Sound Magazine's "Better recording of vocals in logic'. This provides a good platform for you to start with. I also recommend that you get a good condenser mic. I ended up re-recording all my vocals once I upgraded. It does make a difference.[url]http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jul05/articles/logictech.htm[/url]
  • Rounik Admin
    That's a great link Tinman. Thanks for sharing it. Cheers Rounik
  • Tinman
    No worries! "Sound on Sound Magazine" offers Logic users heaps of information and if you can't afford the reasonable subscription fee, you can browse older articles (6 months or older) for free. Also try "The Recording Website" of more information on generic processes related to mixing / mastering. The "EQ Primer" is a must read. Check it out ! [url]http://www.recordingwebsite.com/articles/eqprimer.php[/url]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: