macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Segejee
    Anything like REX player?
    I love how REX samples get sliced and mapped out to keys in Reason. Does logic 7 offer anything of such?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Anything like REX player?
    No quite the same. You can batch import your recycle files into Logic as apple loops. Also, you can convert rex files into EXS instruments very easily. Check out the Logic Studio Instruments & Effects manual p.401 for more info. My personal favourite is using a third party instrument called Stylus RMX can importing Rex files into it. Cheers Rounik
  • Segejee
    where is the Logic Studio Instruments and effects manual at?
  • Rounik Admin
    it's in your logic studio box... or if you have express use the help menu in Logic to find a pdf version which is searchable. Also can be found on apple's website: [url]http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/logicpro/[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    .. and I think it should also be part of the help menu in Logic as well. There are a few other products you can consider for this. Phatmatik Pro is a pretty cool little plugin. Splices in a similar manner and it saves you having to export/ import midi grooves in and out of logic. In addition to what Rounik said, there are other 3rd party products such as the sampling line up from Native Instruments which are also good beat producing tools.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Yadj Yes, I've heard good things about phatmatik Pro. Is it similar to Recycle? Does it save to the REX format or just import REX's? Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Rounik, it's kind of similar and kind of not. It's a plug in for starters. It can be multichannel, it can load multiple samples at one time plus it has internal effects that you can programme for each splice. It doesn't import or export to rex files, however, you can export your midi files and create groove templates from it. The only thing I did have a slight issue with is that it used to be a bit flaky in operation crashing out quite a bit. It got a lot better but it even got to the point of corrupting my logic files so I chucked it and went to NI Intakt... not quite as intuitive, but easily as powerful. I say used to as I think it is much better and is happily accepted by Logic's AU manger these days. Have a look here for more info, the video tutorials are pretty good :) http://www.izotope.com/products/audio/phatmatik/
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: