macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Hesydoo
    can you record audio in logic with a digi HD 192?
    Frank, I am a long time protools user and I am trying to get in to Logic. I have a digi HD192 and I am told this will work with logic... but when I try to record audio in to logic I get a hummm... not all the time but in a three min. recording it will hum for about 30 seconds. I can not change a thing ....... Open protools and get a perfectly clean recording! Will the 192 work? is there some setting I do not know about? Thanks Mark Maxwell Maxwell Sound Recording Studio Athens, Georgia phone: 706.353.1308 cell: 706.206.3634 e-mail: maxwell@firsttune.com www.firsttune.com
  • Cajypiu
    Re: can you record audio in logic with a digi HD 192?
    Hi Mark, can you please describe how you have set Logic up to run with the Digi hardware?
  • Hesydoo
    YADJ thanks for your replay.....no i can not describe the set because i am not at my studio now.......but the way it is set up ......does work with protools......i have a session in the morning that i wanted to use logic........but the audio must work .....will the HD 192 work in the future????
  • Cajypiu
    In my experience getting digi hardware to work with logic can be a bit hit and miss. In theory it should work though. Have you got any Digi DSP you are trying to access. There is a check list help file PDF for which audio drivers to use with what digi hardware, have you checked out the Logic 7/8 TDm guide from the help menu? How are you interfacing the HD192 in to Logic? There's quite a useful thread here highlighting that software versions on both pro tools and the O/S can cause a few issues. http://logic-users.org/forums/L-TDM/digests
  • Hesydoo
    maxwell again..... YADJ i really want to see logic work.....i have a very highend studio....i make a good living off protools....the audio is clean....what audio interface will work with logic....it must sound as good as protools thanks
  • Cajypiu
    Apogee is looking pretty solid these days and integrates like no other interface with logic. You have to look at your current pathways in and see what items you'll need. If you have trick preamps that you like using, how do they output? If you have a master clock to sync all your gear up, did you want to incorporate that etc etc. It's hard to say without knowing what kind of work you do and how you use it. My first choice would be something like an Apogee ensemble. It's one box, it's got a good clock and Apogee AD/DA. If you can slave everything off that, then you don't need any more. Otherwise, maybe look at a symphony card and hooking that up with various AD/DA variants that Apogee do.. or you could also look at RME 4 or 800 as a sound card which also have good convertors and ADAT your preferred inputs in to that.
  • steveH
    Apogee is the way to go... blows Pro Tools away!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: