macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Denisporto
    XSKey out of order
    I have a Logic 6 with a G4 1.2, and use to work very well for the last 3 years. Now the XSKey it's hardly being reconized by the software. I guess i need a replacement XSKey, but i sent a e.mail to emagic support and they said i should by the Logic 7, and the new xskey would be compatible with Logic 6 also. But when i go to Apple store, they say that the XSKey will be upgraded trough the internet. How can i do that if my XSKey it's not working anymore??? What should i do?? Please help.Thanks. Denis
  • Claude Young
    Re: XSKey out of order
    Hi, I had Logic 6 and upgraded to 7 so i am using the old key as well. If you go to your Applications folder in OSX then go to Utilities you should see an application called XSKey Updater. Insert your old XS key and run the application. It will walk you through the update process and update your key. Once you do that you should be good to go. You only need to update the key once and it will work from there on out. Hope this helps. Kindest Regards.
  • Denisporto
    Thanks CYjp, but i already did that and still have the same problem. I thing a have a phisicaly problem with the XSKey, and i need a replace. I'm trying to have the upgrade with the replace. Anyboby knows if it's possible???
  • Martin
    Okay, before suggesting something further, just a few questions. Does the XSKey work at all? Is there any chance it could have been fried by a power surge? This can happen if it's plugged into an external USB hub ... trust me, I know! There may be a way to fix it, but let me know the answers to the above.
  • Denisporto
    It works sometimes...after pluging ans unpluging many times. Works for awhile and than it stops. I already used pluged direct into computer, on the keyboard's USB port and also into an external HUB. Now it's on an external HUB, and a keep changing when starts failing. Anything i can do? Thanks for your help.
  • Martin
    Hmm, I thought it might be a memory issue with the key itself ... if it works sometimes and not others, try pluging it directly into a computer USB port to make sure it's not a power issue! Keep me posted!
  • Denisporto
    Thank you again Martin. Wherever i connect the Key the problem remains. Even on the comp USB port. I'm kind of desperate cause i have a G4 1.2, 1.25RAM wich i think will be too slow for Mac OS Tiger nedded for Logic Pro 7.(am i right?) And also will be too slow for Logic 7 new capabilities. So, it seems that if i don't fix the key or have a replacement one it will be too expensive to buy a new comp and software. I called Apple and they don't give support for Logic 6, and it seems that the upgrade doesn't come with extra XSKey. I'm in a big trouble my friend. Being forced to change the whole plataform when i'm not ready for that. Any idea??
  • Martin
    The G4 you have will be solid with Logic 7. There's a feature called "freeze" built in that will render tracks and their effects, and that really helps. Additionally, IMHO, Logic 7 runs foaster than Logic 6. The real issue with your key is that it works sometimes and not others ... this is pretty strange, or at least, I've never experienced this sort of issue myself. Maybe the contacts are dirty or broken? Look closly in the area where it connects to the USB port. You can try runing this file ... it can repair keys whose memory has been corrupted ... I'm not sure if this is the problem, but it's the only other thing I can think of: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/MPV/XSKeyUpdater.zip[/url] FInally, If you upgrade and the key does not work, Apple will replace it, I'm sure. I hope that helps!
  • Denisporto
    Thank you again Martin. Actually i already made trhe update and still having the problem. I called Apple and they don't replacement XSey and don't give support to Logic 6. I'm suppost to buy Logic 7 or upgrade to have support. I don't know if i upgrade, they wiil find me a replacement Key if it's necessary. About "freeze" command, Logic 6 already have and you right, it really rocks! It seem Logic 7 works on Tiger. Do you think my machine will also be solid on that ? Regarding the XSKey, i'm still desperate, Now it's working on a Hub port and i don't even get close with that for not touch and disconnect. I've looked carefully into the Key and didn't find anything out of normal.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: