macProVideo.com
Forums
  • paradox148
    Urgent Help Appreciated! Logic would not open after upgrading to 10.5.1
    Have to remind myself NEVER to upgrade my system or software in the middle of a project, but here I am again! Just purchased and installed Melodyne and VocAlign to line up, correct and layer the 40 or so vocal recordings to create a virtual choir. The VocAlign ARA AU requires a later version of Logic and Logic requires a later version of OSX, so I upgraded my OSX to 10.15.7 and Logic to 10.5.1. The OSX upgrade did not pose too much of a problem apart from the usual, and when I tried to start Logic, it took hours to run thru all the AU scanning and identified quite a few outdated and expired trial AU which I just skipped/quitted. Then the error box "You are using incompatible Audio Units" error box popped up(1 AU did not pass Apple Validation) giving me the options to either Start Plug-In Manager or Ignore. I have tried clicking on either one and in both cases it would then just hang there with the pretty spinning circle going on forever. I have tried leaving it overnight but it just would not go away until I force quit Logic itself. I have even tried removing some of the components from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components, but so far it has not changed a thing. With the project deadline looming, I am starting to get desperate. Any help would be most appreciated! My System: Hardware Overview: Model Name: MacBook Pro Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,5 Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Core i7 Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz Number of Processors: 1 Total Number of Cores: 4 L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB L3 Cache: 6 MB Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled Memory: 16 GB Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0183.B00 SMC Version (system): 2.30f2
  • Joe A
    Re: Urgent Help Appreciated! Logic would not open after upgrading to 10.5.1
    Hi Paradox - Along with the usual advice -- a hard computer shutdown/restart -- my suggestion would be to remove *all* AU plug-ins from the Components folder, make sure that Logic starts up & runs properly, and then start adding them back in one at a time, beginning with the ones most important to your work. If you have a lot of third-party plug-ins this may be a bit tedious and time-consuming, but if the problem plug-in(s) are not the ones you need immediately for the current project, then you don't have to finish testing all at once, you can get on with the work at hand and sort the rest out later..
  • paradox148
    Re: Urgent Help Appreciated! Logic would not open after upgrading to 10.5.1
    Thankyou so much Joe! It works! Guess my removing the components was on the right track, but I lacked the confidence in doing all of them in fear of creating more problems until I have read your post. Spent hours adding just half of the components back now but I am back working on my project.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: