macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Christopher
    Avid Eleven Rack Broadband Noise Problem
    Hello, I apologize in advance if my post is not in the correct forum. However, I have an issue I can't seem to resolve involving the Eleven Rack. Needing help with it. I'm trying to reamp DI guitar tracks through an amp with it, using the [b]Output to Amp[/b] outputs (either 1 or 2). When I attempted to use the reamp feature with a Laney guitar head and 2x12 cabinet, a tremendous amount of broadband white noise came through, rendering the reamping unusable. Upon further research, I've plugged my Eleven Rack into a Marshall solid state practice amp and recreated the same issue. To recreate the issue, I only need to plug my Eleven Rack into the amp, via the [b]Output to Amp[/b] into the amp's [b]Input[/b]. No computer, guitar, or even audio being played necessary. Noise upon connection. If I turn down the output levels on the Eleven Rack down to a [b]Mute[/b] status, the noise does not turn down. It remains constant. If I set the Marshall to its clean channel and crank the volume to max, no noise. If I crank the overdrive volume all the way, but keep the gain at zero, no noise. The moment I bring gain into the picture, noise is introduced. I have both devices plugged into a Furman power conditioner, and have tested with a Livewire power conditioner as well. I've tested the set up on various outlets throughout the building I work, on various circuits. Even on a brand new line installed. Doesn't matter, still noise. Additionally, I thought the issue was with the specific Eleven rack I owned, so I exchanged it. Noise still persists. Just today I bought a Behringer MicroHD HD400 hum eliminator, which [i]did[/i] dramatically attenuate the noise. It's still there, but dramatically quieter. I've tested the issue with a Fender tube combo, which has noise, but much less. The issue seems to be with high gain situations. Any ideas? Sorry for the novel, it's been two weeks of trying to figure the problem out.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: