Hi Steve, Here are some of the UB problems that I\'ve been able to recreate today using a Logic song with one instance of UB with no other plugs of instruments (third party of generic) open. Clearly not everyone seems to experience these problems, but having said that I keep my mac fairly clean (Disk Warrior etc) and I don\'t experience problems like this with any other areas of Logic - or other apps.
Another point I should make is that I tend to use the right mouse context sensitive menu to copy and paste out of the Import menu (rather than drag and drop)
This is my setup:
Power PC G5 1.8 (single processor)
OS x 10.4.8
1) When trying to audition individual drum sounds (from Drum Banks) by clicking
on them in UB\'s Import drop-down menu, sometimes no sound is generated.
2) When trying to audition individual drum sounds (from Drum Banks) by clicking on them in UB\'s Import drop-down menu, sometimes Logic crashes.
3) Sometimes when individual drum sounds are imported using the Import menu, and then programed via US\'s step sequencer - Individual beats are clipped very short as if the gate control had been activated.
4) Sometimes when the Import menu is used to copy and paste a drum sound over an existing sound, although the correct sound is imported, the old sample name remains in the sample section of the second osc.
5) Sometimes when the Import menu is used to copy and paste a drum sound over an existing sound, although the correct sound is imported, No Sample Loaded is shown in the sample section of the second osc - although the waveform is still visible.
6) This one\'s really weird: When I try load the Shot Snare sound from the Acoustic Snare Bank a) The correct sound can be auditioned in the Import menu b) No Sample Loaded is shown in the sample section of the second osc c) And the Snare Rolls Sample, ie. the wrong sample is played back by the sequencer.
7) This is a fun one: From the Analog Kick section of the Drum Bank, (by right clicking) load the Standard Snare into slot one......Lovely. Now, from the Modern Pop KIt section in Drum Kits load the Side Stick sound into slot two. Now often (but not always) the sample from the first sound will disappear - though the waveform is still visible.
8) This is an interesting variation: If I use, let\'s say, the first four slots purely for sample playback (disabling all other generators) and, in this case, inserting four of my own third party drum samples - every-thing\'s fine. But should I choose to load a non sample based preset into slot five: BOOM! All my other slots loose their
samples and become silent.
Here are a few threads from Apple\'s forum that seem to relate to the same problems:
Hope this helps,
Simon (London UK)