macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Student474708
    Digital Video Enquiry
    Hi, I used to live in Japan 20 years ago and have dozens of DV tapes taken on a Victor Mini DV NTSC. I would love to watch them in the UK and have tried connecting the DV to my TV with a RCA to HDMI converter. It didn't work. I could pay someone to convert them but wonder if there are simple solutions are out there to watch them on my TV and ideally even convert them to movie files on my PC. Thanks anyone who can help! Ben
  • Joe A
    Re: Digital Video Enquiry
    Hi Ben - I'd imagine that depending on what kind of connections are on the camcorder there would be converters or capture cards that would let you bring the video into the computer. You'd have to do a little research on that -- a quick Google search for "Mini DV to computer" turned up lots of potentially helpful pages * on transferring Mini DV tapes to computer via USB or FireWire [FireWire seems to be the recommended approach, with appropriate converters/adaptors, if possible]. I'm an audio guy so I can't really help you there, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't possible to do without jumping through too many hoops.. * FWIW, one of the pages that came up in the search was this [relatively recent] Sony support page: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00028223
  • Student474708
    Re: Digital Video Enquiry
    Hi Joe, Really apperciate your time to reply and your suggestions. Super helpful. Thanks very much indeed! Ben
You must be logged in to post a reply
Subscribe to receive an email for each new post on this thread. Please login
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: