Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
House Music Legend Olav Basoski dives deep into his secret sound design techniques to show you how he makes tracks that top the charts and rock the dance floor.
We asked house music legend Olav Basoski: How do you create those awesome sounds on your dance tracks? Instead of answering with a text message, Olav produced this incredible Ableton Live tutorial called Designing Sound for Dance Music!
In this specialized set of videos, Olav starts out with a basic dance synthesizer lesson explaining how fundamental synth concepts like analog, FM and function envelopes are extrapolated into the fabric of House Music. From there he shows off his incredible Ableton Live chops by taking us drum-by-drum, sound designing the dance kit and showing us the techniques he uses to recreate a rhythm section that destroys the dance floor.
Next, Olav does a deep dive into pads, synth leads, arpeggiators and bass synthesis, demonstrating in his fun and knowledgeable way how he is the de facto master of audio production in the dance music universe.
So if you want to know the sonic secrets behind Olav’s house mega-hits, plug into this Ableton Live tutorial and you’ll soon be Designing Sounds for Dance Music better than anyone else you know ... that is except the master himself: Olav Basoski!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
I truly enjoyed this course and I worked alongside Olav as he explained things. I used to be very intimidated by Ableton, but not anymore. Olav is one of my favorite teachers on here. Great job!
Olav shows great competence and flair, and his instruction is at a really good pace for following along. This video series is great for learning not only hot to replicate various types of drums, percussion, synth and bass elements, but also a very good basis for designing all new original sounds on your own. What also really stands out is that he used 100% Ableton Live built in instruments and effects for everything, and that means if you have Live, you can do this without needing any other plugins whatsoever.
Its very Cool i love this course...but i need to learn a lot because its very complex and difficult...:/ BUT 5 stars for MPV AND OLAV
Olav Basoski explained this Course very well! I like this Course very! FM Synth and Analog is for me easy :) Thank you Olav Thank You MPV
Olav's presentation is both informative and entertaining, he goes in depth, without The information becoming too heady. Although this series is titled Sound Design For Dance Music The techniques, here could work for any production.
Olav — I'm currently watching this tutorial. Without fail, you continue to inspire my brainworx. Cheers, Friend. 5 - Best.
I watched this whole course in two days. I learned a lot! Was very informative and useful.
This is a very good course on FX synthesis! It shows very thorough uses of Analog, Operator, and many other Ableton plug-ins that was extremely helpful.
Best EDM sound design tutorial I've seen so far, it touches on very important sound designing tricks.
This tutor is very good for those who want to know their sound better. Especially Olav use basic Ableton synth to do introduce the concept of sounds. It means many third party VST can do like that. Thank you this tutorial help me a lot.