Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
No Previews Available
- Mar 4th, 2013
Vespers (our Ableton Live robot trainer from the future) has created the hottest, most in-depth tutorial on Ableton Live’s Drum Racks in the universe! If you use Live you’ve got know Drum Racks!
Drums are the rock solid foundation of any killer track. One of the secrets to creating the phattest phreaking drum sounds in Ableton Live is mastering Live’s awesome, built in Drum Racks.
This tutorial, presented by our Ableton Live Certified Trainer “Vespers” takes you deep down into the “racks!” He shows you what they’re all about, why you need to know how they work and how to use them to enhance and power-up your productions.
But that’s not all: Vespers takes you way beneath Live’s virtual surface to explore Drum Racks’ advanced functionality. You’ll learn about drag and drop programming, layering, hit based processing and humanization (which is odd for an alien to know) and much, much more!
So ride along with Vespers as he launches you on an extraterrestrial expedition into the percussive world of Drum Racks! This tutorial will give you the edge you’ve been looking for as you build the punchiest drums and baddest beats this side of insanity!
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great course! I recently bought Ableton, and had been using Battery to host my drum samples in other DAWs. Learning through this course convinced me that Drum Racks functions almost as well as Battery.
Great tutorial - covers a lot more than just drums, there's loads of information on sampling and modulation. This one and the beginner's guide to Ableton are the two essential courses in my opinion. After that, you can pretty much learn the rest on the fly.
Excellent course. Very detailed. Get to know the Drum Rack and all of it's possible uses.
I really appreciated the fact that he took his time and explained things very well. By the time the course ended, I felt very comfortable enough with it.
I felt as if this was an excellent course introduction He really has a talent when it comes to explaining things
In this course, it is to learn a lot of things! It is very amazing! I was very fascinated by this course! I love the drum rack, with which you can make a lot of things!
This tutorial is fantastic. Everything you need to know about Drum Racks - even if you think you know everything. Vespers' style is clear and easy to follow.
Great course! Loved how the last video showed how to quantize live on the fly. Barely getting my feet wet with Ableton so I'm loving these videos! Thank you MPV!!
Such a detailed and cared tutorial with bunch of practical knowledge. It tells you how to make your drumming work tidy and efficient with drum racks. Hope Vespers will upload more tutorials! He is a great teacher!!
All I can say is AWESOME! ... great course, especially for musicians that aren't drummers.
To start: these are a good set of videos. They cover what you want to know. However, the narrator is the sort that takes a long time to develop a point, and scurries down many tangents. He covers every keyboard shortcut you might encounter while working in a drum rack, how to multi-select midi notes in clip view, why you should compress layered kicks, and how to use a low freq rolloff on every track. If you noticed, some of these concepts don't apply just to a drum rack, and have their own videos on mpv elsewhere. This is peachy keen for someone who has never used ableton before, and is starting the program by learning drum racks, but for users with a few months of experience, don't be afraid to skip a few minutes every few seconds. Still, it's a really good set of videos.
Very nice tutorial. Working with drum racks is much easier for me now and I learned a lot of new tricks.
Thanks to these tutes I'm now obsessed with drum racks - there's stuff you can do with these that no other DAW can do, to my knowledge. Only complaint is - where's Live 9?
Great Tutorial! Just enough material to really help a beginner, but not so much to be overwhelming.