Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Get hooked on racks! Explore Ableton Liveʼs racks with Ableton Live Certified Trainer and Canadaʼs sought-after underground DJ, Noah Pred...
RACKS RAWK! –And nobody knows how to use Liveʼs Racks better than Rack Master Noah Pred. In this advanced Live tutorial, Noah rips into Racks and all the very rad stuff you can do with them.
Youʼll learn all about Instrument and MIDI Racks and all about assigning macros. Noah then explains how to customize Racks by assigning key and velocity zones; but thatʼs just the beginning. From there Noah takes you through a ton of advanced features where he explains why Multi-Chain MIDI FX with innovative chain selection combined with macros are the way to go! WHEW! If you donʼt understand that last sentence then, like all of us at MPV, youʼve GOT TO WATCH THIS TUTORIAL!
Finally, Noah builds some amazing sound explorations that incorporate parallel audio processing using multi-band and Rack within Rack techniques. This tutorial is required viewing for every Ableton Live user who wants to take Live beyond the presets and develop their own signature production sound! So join ”Rackologist” Noah Pred in this awesome exploration and soon you too will be Hooked On Racks!
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great tutorials with in-depth explanations of the most important topics covering device racks. Gave me some inspiration for Instrument Racks, and I found out that I was completely misinformed of the purpose for which Effects Racks function.
I watched this course after watching the course on Drum Racks, so it felt like a continuation and I was able to keep up with what the instructor was doing. I know it became rather challenging towards the end, but I just watched those tutorials twice and was able to follow.
Wow is all I have to say. I had no clue you could take ableton this deep with racks, even the first half of the course goes deep into sound design, much like massive or Absynth, but it then goes much deeper with parallel processing, or creating racks within racks. I will definitely be building a "megarack" to see what kind of things I can accomplish with it. This course can be frustrating at times, so I suggest taking it slowly, to digest what is going on throughout the entire thing. Thank you
Noah Pred is very good to explained this course i learned a lot! Thank You Noah Pred and Thank you MVP for this course! Intrument Racks on Instrument Racks Its infinity So much ways to create Sounds
What a great course! Learning about racks is so important when using Ableton Live. Noah Pred once again does an incredible job explaining everything about the subject. I feel this course will really help me utilize the incredible creative possibilities within Ableton Live 9. Thanks, Noah!
Loved it, Covered everything i need to know to get going with em
Walked away with a couple of nice presets to use in lots of my recent Sketches.A concise and practical walk through the possibilities that racks have to offer. Thanks much, essential live stuff.
Great overview of all the different types of racks, as well as many of the different tricks and effects in Ableton Live that can be utilized in any type of track!
Noah knows racks - great section on midi fx and useful tips on what controls to map to macros. Racks blow Ableton wide open and this course really gets you there fast!
Really great course. One of my favorites. Gave me a deep knowledge of the power of racks in a very short span on time.
I try to get everyday new courses and new info for put my music on next level, hooked on Racks help me to use multiple options as FX into live for get fun with less knobs, more FX ... thx!!
Racks within racks, multiband FX, live chain selection... the possibilities here are really staggering, and unique to Live 8/9. Can't wait to experimenting - thanks Noah!
This was a really helpful series! Racks are super poweful. The chain selector is bliss. The music he was making was actually enjoyable too, which I can't say about all of these.