Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Have fun learning the basics of sampling using Ableton Live’s Simpler sampler with Ableton-Certified Live Trainer and electronic music performer, Laura Escudè.
So what is sampling and how does Ableton’s Simpler sampler work? Well, let Laura Escudè show you!
In this “sampling-for-beginners” tutorial renowned violinist and electronic music performer Laura Escudè takes you through the very basics of sampling using Ableton Live’s stock sampler, Simpler. She starts you off with an overview detailing the history of audio sampling from it’s nascent beginnings with the famous Fairlight CMI through to software samplers of the present day.
From there you’re off to a zoomed-in, zoomed-out look at the Simpler Plugin that is included with every copy of Live. Laura takes you through all of Simpler’s parameters from envelopes to LFO’s showing you how they work and how she uses them in her music. She discusses the differences between Simpler and Live’s premium instrument, Sampler ... and also shows you how they work together!
Finally, Laura, includes a few “workshops” where she divulges the arcana behind her “Cello Wobble” sound and how to use Simpler in an Instrument Rack. Laura then puts it all together with a triptych of videos showing how she uses Simpler in her live performances.
So if you’re new to sampling and want to know how to use Simpler - or if your just want to learn some cool sample playback techniques -
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Great information, and the demo track is an awesome example showing how all of the course's little concepts create one impressive project.
Simpler has been redesigned in later Ableton Live releases, so this information is semi-current.
Excellent tutorial on getting started with Simpler. I was amazed by all the different sounds you could get out of it. Thank you!
Thank you Laura! I had no idea the simpler sampler went this deep and had that many capabilities, it appears pretty small and straight forward when you open it, but I now realize it can go much deeper when I feel the need to wander down the sound design/sculpting hole, outside of other plug ins that do the same. Great ways to really find some original sounds, and the multi sample trick is too cool! Great course!
This course is very helpful, but also very funny: D You can do very funny things!
This tutorial on the Ableton Simpler Clear and concise. I sat down in one night and felt completely confident using simpler.
Good rundown of how to use simpler. If you already understand how envelopes and LFO's work you can breeze through this. Interesting example of using a cello to create a completely different sound!
Surprisingly good course. Simpler is pretty simple, but it can do more than I thought. Thanks
Great course. Well thought out, easy to follow, great examples. I feel much more comfortable with Simpler and I look forward to checking into the other instruments in Ableton Live 9. I would definitely recommend this course. Thank you.
Definitely a fun way to exploit cool sounds out of your samples. Thanks for the course.. really an eye opener on sampling.
Excellent course. I learned a lot more than simply simpler (ouch). There is loads on envelopes, filters and LFO's too. A cracker!
Very good and detailed tutorial. No open questions, everything is clear now. Thanks, Laura.
Great tutorial. I've had Simpler for years and never got past randomly twiddling knobs. Now I know how all the parts fit together and can use it to make some nice sounds. Thanks.
Thank you Laura Escudé, Your videos are very helpful, and i learned a lot.
Nice tut Laura. You've made the Simpler Sampler even "simpler." :)