Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Join Mo Volans as he takes you on an overview of Live’s amazing bundled plug-ins! This tutorial, filled with tons of audio examples, is a treasure-trove of information on how to use and master all of Live's included effects!
Ableton Live is an awesome creative environment that allows its user to perfectly sync almost limitless numbers of grooves in a myriad of combinations. Add to this professional mixing and automation tools, and you have the ideal application to create, produce and master quality music.
However, before you can truly release Ableton Live’s true potential, you’ll need to familiarise yourself with its extensive collection of effects plug-ins. This impressive list includes everything from simple equalisers and compressors to resonators, frequency shifters, and the mighty beat repeat plug-in.
Mo Volans takes you on a guided tour through every plug-in included with Ableton Live. On this journey you’ll not only learn how to tweak almost every parameter, you'll also see how each processor can work in your mix, demonstrated by real world examples.
Each plug-in type is broken down, grouping similar plug-ins together and giving you the theory on how they work and when it's best to use them. If you're a beginner, you can follow the tutorial from start to finish. If you’re an experienced Live user, you can use the keyword search features to turn this tutorial into an instant Live DSP reference guide.
Explore Ableton Live’s true plug-in power ... devote 2-hours of your time to this tutorial from Mo Volans, and you'll make better music - guaranteed!
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Awesome course! Absolutely essential if you plan to use Live as a performance DAW. The most important concepts are explained, anything left out is best for you to experiment with on your own.
Thank you so much, I recently switched from Logic Pro X to Ableton Live, and the stock FX plug-ins are vastly different than in logic, even though the same signal, technical ideas are the same. This really helped me grasp where all the extra envelopes, LFOs, and Filter EQ's were coming from on all these plugins and how you can use them to your advantage. Ableton FX seem to have a bit more control and fluidity than the stock logic ones. You explained things clear and concise, and I did not have to rewind more than a handful of times. Thank you for being a great instructor Mo Volans.
This is a awesome Course, because Mo Volans explains that really good! The best part of this course is the BEST OF THE REST :D!!!!
Although this guide is for Live 8, I'm still completely understand about how to use those plug-ins from this course even in Live 9! The way he explain this course is pretty impressive and understandable even for a beginner like me, he's not only explaining those plug-ins in details mostly, but also played it so you can hear the difference, and to be honest he's pretty good at this!
I found this was a good overview best suited to beginners. I felt that the individual effects should have been explored before the examples of how the effects are used overall in the mix.
Mo Volans is makes very nice use of the effects to show very useful live applications. Very easy to follow and his music was enjoyable to listen to as he demonstrated concepts.
Must for beginners to live.....
Yes, just a simple overview of the effects; but gets the point across nicely.
great course to get into little details of each effects , now I will use with more clarity, ready for the next tutorial!
Just a brief overview of the Plug-ins. For the beginner!