Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Mar 4th, 2013
Ableton Live’s Sampler is extremely powerful. In this hands-on tutorial Dance music performer and sound design expert Olav Basoski shows you how he uses Sampler to create the original sounds that elevate and enhance his productions...
Sampling is huge in music production. We all use samplers, but very few of us know how they work and how to effectively deploy them in our productions. Ableton’s awesome Sampler is seamlessly integrated into Live’s workflow which makes it both easy to master and intuitive to use in both your “live” and studio tracks.
This tutorial is divided into two parts: Part One begins with a look at how sampling works. You’ll see all of Sampler’s basic controls and functions as Olav guides you through all the options on Sampler’s GUI. Once its functionality has been clearly explained, Olav takes a deep, sonic dive into sound design.
And now the fun begins: In Part Two you're invited into Olav’s audio workshop where you’ll see him create his sonic masterpieces. He turns vocals into kick drums AND funky bass parts. Master Basoski then shows you how he designs swooping sweeps and staccato stutter FX. He also does some cool “oldskool” time-stretching.
So join Olav Basoski in this informative Sampler sound design tutorial and see how you can release the outrageous audio potential locked up in Ableton’s premium instrument: Sampler!
Check out all of our Ableton Live courses. Build a bundle and save up to 50% off list price!
- Live 9 100: What's New In Live 9
- Live 9 101: Beginner's Guide
- Live 9 102: Recording Audio and Audio Effects
- Live 9 103: MIDI Recording and Effects
- Live 9 104: Exploring The Instruments
- Live 9 105: Arranging Explored
- Live 9 106: Go Live With Live 9
- Live 9 201: The Simpler Sampler
- Live 9 202: Live's Effects: Plugged In!
- Live 9 203: Live's Sampler: Explored
- Live 9 204: Exploring Drum Racks
- Live 9 205: Live DNA!
- Live 9 206: Max For Live FX Explored
- Live 9 207: Hooked on Racks!
- Live 9 301: MOLDOVER: Sound Control
- Live 9 302: Designing Sounds for Dance Music
- Live 9 303: Ableton Live TNT - Tips and Tricks
- Live 9 304: Making Electronic Dance Music
- Live 9 305: Dance Music Styles Demystified
- Live 9 400: Max For Live: For Musicians
- Live 9 401: Mixing & Mastering Toolbox
- Live 9 402: Killer Sound Design
- Live 9 403: Max For Live Advanced
- Live 9 404: Producing Techno and House
- Live 9 405: DJing Techno and House
- Live 9 406: Dubstep Production
- Live 9 407: Remixing in Live
- Live 9 408: Producing Glitch
- Live 9 409: Remixing Froya
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Olav is really a HIGH TALENTED PRODUCER for me! This course is very interesting for me! Thank you Olav! Thank you macProVideo! I like that!
I think, this is a very well Course! And it´s funny :D Olav is very Creative with the Sampler in Ableton Live...
Really great course. Definitely essential for all live users. I've been using sampler a while and this expanded my understanding of its functionality greatly
Very superb and step-by-step course! I Liked it very much! I also recommend to others who are interested in sampling and Ableton.
Great tutorial! I really recommend it, You can learn everything about the Sampler device and a few tricks extras. Olav it's a great instructor.
Great coverage of Sampler. Some of the concepts are kind of silly, but it was informative. Sampler is pretty powerful.
Very good tutorial about this powerfull instrument. Olav explains the functions very plain and gives also some concrete examples. Thank you, Olav. Happy sampling!
Great stuff from a great tutor. Covers all the features of Sampler clearly. Has to be one of the best tools in Live for mangling/re-treating audio.
Olav is the man!! So many good tips on such a vital instrument.
Killer tutorial that also gives some ideas of sound design, like turning a vocal into a bass and/or into a kick drum.