Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Jul 1st, 2013
Understanding the relationship between Objects and Layers is key to building successful Illustrator CC projects. Watch world-class trainer Iain Anderson show you how it’s done...
Iain begins this course by expanding on your knowledge of Layers from his previous tutorial by revealing some of his professional tips and tricks. He then shows how to Place external artwork into your Illustrator document while explaining the important distinction between externally linked media versus embedded media.
From there Iain explains how to use Illustrator’s Isolation Mode to “protect” your existing work from accidental mistakes! He also shows you how to keep your project organized by incorporating different Artboards.
From there, Iain explains how to add and subtract drawing objects in a variety of ways using the Pathfinder Panel and demonstrates the Shape Builder tool.
Following this, Iain demonstrates the power of Clipping Masks, before moving on to everyone’s favorite: Effects! In this section, he highlights many exciting effects, from Distortion and Warp Effects to the more Photoshop-like Blur effects now available directly in Illustrator CC.
With the Appearance and Graphic Styles panels, Iain shows us fast, easy ways to duplicate fills and strokes and how to create and apply graphic styles in order to help you work faster and more efficiently. After covering the Blend Modes available in these panels, Iain then shows you the Blend Tool and its unique capabilities to combine several objects in various ways.
Finally, Iain gives a fascinating explanation of how to use Envelopes with Warps and Meshes to produce more interesting transformations of your drawing objects. To consolidate your learning, Iain wraps up this tutorial with another “mini-project”: A fun, quick map of Australia!
So, if your looking to grow your Illustrator skills, keep an eye on macProVideo’s growing Library of basic and advanced courses on Illustrator CC!
- Illustrator CC 101 : Illustrator Basics - Create A Logo
- Illustrator CC 103: Brushes and Color: Create An Illustration
- Illustrator CC 104: Symbols and Patterns: Create A Background
- Illustrator CC 105: 3D: Create 3D Objects
- Illustrator CC 106: Trace and Paint: Create From Real Media
- Illustrator CC 201: Setting up for Professional Projects
- Illustrator CS6 102: Objects and Layers: Create A Map
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Another good course for the people who've never used Illustrator before.
A great course to get you up and running with Illustrator's 'Objects and Layers'
This was another good course, I learned a little bit more about the capabilities of Adobe Illustrator.
Another good course on some basic features on Illustrator. The course has a nice pace and is easy to follow. You really get a sense of what this can do for you! Recommended!