Gift Of Education
- Purchase Info
- 5. Purchase Invoice stays in your account
- 6. Recipient does not see the Paid Price
- Claiming the Gift
- 3. Forward the Gift Email to the Recipient
- 4. Recipient Claims Gift at macProVideo.com/gift
- Buying the Gift
- 1. Add Gift Tutorials to Cart & Purchase
- 2. You will be sent a special Gift e-mail
- Oct 30th, 2013
Learn Logic – and see it in action – as Jonathan Perl invites you into his recording session and shows you the power of recording and editing audio in Logic Pro X!
In this Core Training course, by Logic Pro Master Trainer, professor and über-cool musician Jonathan Perl, you learn all the audio techniques to get you up and recording everything from solo tracks to larger multi-track sessions. However, before you set up all those microphones, you'd better understand how Logic Pro X handles audio!
This course starts out with a detailed look at the Preferences. You've got to know this stuff before you drive this powerful software! From there Jonathan dives right into recording, where you learn the details about track setup and organizing your takes.
Next up is punching, Autopunch, Take Folders and all kinds of deep tips and techniques to make sure that you are optimizing and enhancing your Logic Pro X recording experience!
Now it's time to edit. Here is where you learn to deploy all of Logic's powerful tools to find, highlight, and cut & paste your audio faster than a Porsche on a straightaway!
So dive in deep and perfect your Logic audio chops under the guidance of Logic expert Jonathan Perl.
- Logic Pro X: 10.1 New Features: Explored
- Logic Pro X: What’s New In Logic Pro X 10.0
- Logic Pro X 100: Absolute Beginner's Guide
- Logic Pro X 101: Core Training: Create Your 1st Project
- Logic Pro X 102: Core Training: Signal Flow
- Logic Pro X 103: Core Training: Audio Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 104: Core Training: MIDI Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 105: Core Training: Mixing and Automation
- Logic Pro X 106: Logic Remote
- Logic Pro X 107: Smart Controls
- Logic Pro X 108: Flexing Vocals: Time and Pitch
- Logic Pro X 109: Core Training – The Score Editor
- Logic Pro X 112: Bouncing, Sharing and Archiving
- Logic Pro X 113: External MIDI Basics
- Logic Pro X 114: External MIDI Advanced
- Logic Pro X 200: MIDI FX: The Arpeggiator
- Logic Pro X 201: The EXS24: Sampling Explored
- Logic Pro X 202: Drummer and Drum Kit Designer
- Logic Pro X 203: Retro Synth: 4 Synths in 1
- Logic Pro X 204: Sculpture Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 205: Synthesis With Sculpture
- Logic Pro X 206: ES2 Exposed
- Logic Pro X 207: ES2 Sound Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 209: Ultrabeat - Drum Design Workshop
- Logic Pro X 301: Supercharged Processing
- Logic Pro X 303: 21 Synth Secrets
- Logic Pro X 305: Voiceover Recording and Editing
- Logic Pro X 400: Xtreme Sound Design
- Logic Pro X 401: Xtreme Drums & Beats
- Logic Pro X 402: Producing Hip Hop
- Logic Pro X 403: Olav's Power Tools & Tips
- Logic Pro X 404: The ART of EDM
- Logic Pro X 405: Mastering EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 406: Mixing EDM Tracks
- Logic Pro X 408: The ART of Deep House
- Logic Pro X 409: Twisted Drums and Deviant Bass
For a full list of the topics covered, see the Tutorial Outline
or click the button below to Preview this tutorial.
Awesome course! Now I have a good understanding of how take folders and recording in general works in Logic. I'm definitely feeling way more confident in the studio, now that I know what to do. I'd say this course is essential to any music producer and engineer.
Great Video for anyone using Logic Pro X as their DAW of choice for recording, and editing audio. Anybody can speed up their workflow by following some of the tips and tricks provided.
I just made the switch from Pro Tools and these Core Training courses are fabulous. Mr. Pearl leaves no stone un-turned, bout to watch the next course.
Jonathan Perl does an outstanding job presenting the material in an interesting and enjoyable fashion. His delivery is fresh and his voice is so completely engaging, he manages to easily hold your attention.
Thought I would do some of the basic courses because there is always a couple of things that Logic does that have either slipped pass me or I had forgotten. Good course if your new to Logic.
Excellent course on audio editing in Logic Pro X. I really learned a lot of useful workflow and creative techniques from the corse!
I have been using Logic Pro professionally for a long time, and i learned a lot from this tutorial... I LOVE that! Great video for anyone who wants to learn and fill the gaps in knowledge.
Fast paced, utlra cool delivery made me need to repeat several sections he covered. But his workflow explanations were complete. I'll have to revisit this tutorial once i spend a little more time on Logic. I will have forgotten many of the techniques he suggests.
I´m still new to Logic and also to MPV.com. But now - after seeing several courses now I think I can compare. good: - this is another very informative course, and I learned a lot - thank you! :-) - the teacher speaks in a relaxed quiet mood - for me this is a good climate to learn - I think the course outline is good and it gives a good overview could be better: - the teacher sometimes (too often for me) speaks too fast and also mumbles a bit (since I´m no native english speaker I didn´t understand everything although I often rewinded the video - pretty often there are signs hovering over the video - telling me additional information (while I have to listen to the teacher at the same time) -> in general this is fine; but when this happens too often this destroys the flow of the video and I have to rewind and pause too often -> confusing Conclusion: Again I learned a lot and this course was really valuable for me - thank you for making learning easier! :-)
This is great gear. Important info flies by very rapidly - perhaps too rapidly sometimes. In saying that, the fast tempo did make for an engaging course!
Just great information about snap and drag. I use Logic already 3 years and just now find these functions. Thanks
really in depth and informative. i learned a ton. i have been playing guitar for 24 years and i have come to find out =, you never know everything haha.
Very good course. Filled with great tips and a very hands on, practical approach. Recommended.
Excellent tips for rapid auto editing and working with takes, comps and groups.
This was a brilliant tut. It will help build a deeper awareness of the tools available to you in logic when recording/editing. Further, you will learn some great workflow techniques which feel simple to implement to save endless frustrations when editing. Thank you!
Lots of material that I found quite useful and presented in a manner that followed what I need to do with audio. I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 because I think it would have helped if he had given a little warning before showing shortcuts or workflow. A few times those came unexpectedly. Not a big deal, I just went back a bit, but a little warning would have helped me be ready for them.
Lovely course. And an excellent approach. I have definitely learnt quite a lot of requisite skills.
Excellent functional course on audio recording and editing in Logic Pro X with tips-n-tricks, keyboard shortcuts, interface and preference customization, and workflow from a production viewpoint.
Such a good course! Made me feel so much more comfortable to be in studio with other musicians around during recording sessions!
Fantastic course as always. I've come to expect nothing less. Jonathan Perl has a way of explaining key concepts that just makes sense.
Handful of tips to make audio editing much easier in Logic Pro X.
An accurate and detailed introduction for novices. As an advanced user I am a bit disappointed because the “Audio Editor” is neither mentioned nor explained although the tutorial’s subject is audio recording and EDITING! Hope it will come soon a dedicated tutorial. This is the reason why of four and not five stars.
Excellent introduction to the basic recording and editing process. At around one and a half hours, this is quick to view, easy to follow and does a great job of letting you know about the key issues.